The Extinction at Park Mammoth Golf Club (6/3/23)

I am truly so pumped to check this course out in a couple weeks.

1 Like

That’s a bold statement…but I like it. Never played Park Mammoth but I can appreciate a controversial take

3 Likes

It may be bold/controversial, but it’s become a widely held take amongst our Roost… seems like there’s a game there almost weekly now. The boys can’t get enough

Yeah there is no way in hell I am missing this one…

Refuge event in my home state? Hell yeah.

4 Likes

I will also second that statement. It is right up there with it! It’s a hell of a course and has some awesome variety of holes. The par 3’s can be absolute ball busters.

2 Likes

Hell yes!!!

2 Likes

It’s less than 2 hours from Henderson, super easy trip getting down there!

1 Like

7 may be the hardest one and it’s the most straight forward… just visually dominates me

You know my feelings towards 5. Hahaha, I despise that hole!

Imagine if Sweetens took up the entirety of the Sequatchie Valley… that’s what Park Mammoth feels like

seen above, 1 beyond the road, 18 beyond that with 17 green above, 14 tee at the far left and 2 tee at the far right

3 Likes

If anyone wants to join it looks like tee times are wide open on November 12th. I am first off for the day.

1 Like

I’m going to have some provocative angles on some of these holes with no trees to stop by ball from going 2 fairways over

4 Likes

7 is rough. Front right pin is on a shelf, and I didn’t realize it on the tee. Hit a perfect 9 iron 5 feet to the left, caught the slope, and got completely rejected. 50 foot putt back up the slope.

1 Like

We have a Roost event in TN, our “member-member”, or I’m sure we’d have a large group join you. Even still, I’m sure a few folks will tag along

@Beahrs has the bug since seeing it for the first time a few weeks ago

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with that. Its play very open as long as you avoid the tall shit.

1 Like

Also, not pictured, but avoid the 10 foot tall bunkers on both 2 and 15. Lol

Picture quality varies, but #2, #9, and #15 pictured above

2 Likes

That #15 bunker is rude! I made a big league shot out of it to 3 feet for tap in.

1 Like

15 is one of the strangest holes I have ever played. You stand on the tee, and have no idea what you are supposed to do. It looks like a long par 3, but it is like a 360 yard hole. I just don’t know where I am supposed to hit it. Some great visual deception.

2 Likes

I love that hole! Bomb down the center and a wedge in but you need to hit it middle of the green. Now the par 3 16 is a bitch lol

3 Likes