The Duck Club presents: The Tussle at Tarandowah (ON): 2023, June 23-24

I doubt we’ll involve any bevies…

2 Likes

Thanks People. Much appreciated for all the info and encouragement…and especially the sarcasm, I think I’ll fit right in :slight_smile:
Last dumb question, for now anyways…if I don’t have an established handicap, other than on a random golf app, can I still “compete” in the Friday portion?
All good, just looking forward to a jam packed couple days of golf. LGLG! (wrong pod but if you know, you know)

2 Likes

@tniloc or @cfrench might be able to help with the handicap question but I do believe it is mandatory if you want to compete in the event scoring. Otherwise you can certainly still come out and have fun with everyone!

Golf Canada accounts for public players to get a handicap is fairly reasonable on cost.

4 Likes

Yup just renewed mine the other day. $67 with tax.

2 Likes

Is there a deadline to sign up? I took forever to get around to submitting paperwork for a passport card, so I can’t be certain it will arrive before the event. Really hoping I can cross the border for the first time in a long time for this though!

5 Likes

Cross the border without a passport.

1 Like

Perfect time as the season starts to get a Golf Canada account and Chase Scratch!

It does have other benefits beyond handicap that are quite useful, such as the theft and damage insurance and First Tee support.

Not even a joke - the Duck Club loves Carly Rae Jepsen

9 Likes

Golf Canada has a good app too. Lots of features.

1 Like

@BladeItBowman worth it for this alone. Never know when those pesky parking lot cars are going to encroach on the tee and before you know it, Golf Canada is shelling out for a new windshield for someone…

1 Like

Beauty! Thanks again everyone! Got the green light to get in on this year’s event so next step would be a Golf Canada Membership and build up some kind of handicap! Excited and nervous…Like the Big Guy says, might as well envision missing the putt before you even take it! haha

5 Likes

It also only takes a few rounds to establish a handicap, so there could be an opportunity to manipulate the system a bit (not that I’d recommend such behaviour).

4 Likes

Apparently I can cross to Canada with my driver’s license and birth certificate, but trying to get back into the US without a passport would be the issue…not that being forced to stay in Canada and not return the US would be all that terrible a fate.

4 Likes

If Ohio issues “Enhanced licenses” you won’t have an issue. Me, @Brentdtw, and @eatonsb all went to play Roseland in Windsor last summer and had zero issues getting back.

2 Likes

Ohio, unlike Michigan, does not have Enhanced licenses. Very lame.

2 Likes

I use a standard passport when I cross but they do also offer passport cards for land borders which should be pretty easy to get.

1 Like

The passport card is what I applied for. Haven’t come across anything that says it takes less time to be processed and mailed out than a standard passport, but fingers are crossed.

2 Likes

Worst case it comes later and we head to Roseland for a round later this summer.

4 Likes

No deadline as of yet! I’ll release one closer to.

1 Like

Update - Looking at end of May for a deadline!

1 Like