The Duck Club presents: The Tussle at Tarandowah (ON): 2023, June 23-24

Apologies because this has probably been answered dozens of times already… if I want to bring a non-Refugee to the Tussle, would we be on the same team orrrr?
Trying to push myself to #getinvolved in 2023!

4 Likes

Hey,
Happy to accommodate new comers for the Friday quota round to play with someone they know, Saturday all bets are off! You’ll have your Saturday teams in advance, so Friday you’ll have time to get to know some of your new friends!

7 Likes

And as someone who in year 1 was basically meeting everyone for the first time, and then found himself one of the captains to select teams, I can say it’s a super welcoming atmosphere for outsiders!

12 Likes

i just signed up. its gonna be so fun

6 Likes

Welcome (back?) Eric! Looking forward to having you at the Tussle - lots to be excited about for sure. Bigger, badder, deeper fescue… the ‘23 edition is gonna be a blast!

4 Likes

lol been here for a while now…life just gets in the way of fun sometimes!
cant wait to meet some golf junkies like myself

4 Likes

Emphasis on the deep fescue. There’s a reason we drink so much at the Tussle.

3 Likes

Welcome! It’s gonna be bigger, badder and duckier :duck:

1 Like

PastelDismalBlackrhino-size_restricted

9 Likes

Only 108 days until Canada’s Most Prestigious golf event!
thetussle.com

9 Likes

Are you accepting entry fees yet? If so, can you provide the details?

Thanks.

1 Like

Not yet, but soon! I’ll send out and post a communication with all the details :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cool. Thanks!

I thought I was missing it on the site.

1 Like

Nope, you’re good!

2 Likes

Can I register as a single or do I need to have a playing partner?

4 Likes

Hey Dan, you can absolutely register on your own.

The teams for Saturday will be picked at random, so you don’t need to worry about bringing anyone else.

3 Likes

Absolutely what @BigtimePolecat said!

5 Likes

Hey Folks.
First time, long time.
I think this is finally the year to stop reaping the free NLU content and get in with the community I love so much.
I see that going as a single is no biggie. Is Friday a warm up round and Saturday the main 36 hole day? Does the informal event usually Thursday night with some bevies?
Apologies for the kid-like inquiries…just generally excited aka all set to shank it off the first tee :wink:

5 Likes

The Friday round is the individual portion. It works using the quota scoring that is used on the money round in Strapped (stablleford points vs your course handicap). Last year that was what was used as NIT qualifying. Saturday is a team format: nine holes of scramble, modified alt shot, best ball and limited club scramble (3,5 or 7 clubs)…not too many people arrive Thursday. I will be staying at the hotel Thursday. But there is typically a plethora of rounds leading up to the event and some after. There is a Google sheet somewhere with that info. You can add something to see if there is any interest. @cfrench would know where to find that. Also we have a roost as well. If you are interested in joining that, you can talk to @BigtimePolecat

Welcome to the refuge

3 Likes

I did this in year one so absolutely no pressure there :joy:

Welcome!

4 Likes