The Duck Club presents: The Tussle at Tarandowah (ON): 2022, June 24-25

This has my attention. Mainly for the logo but also the friends made along the way.

4 Likes

Many are saying the Canadian contingent has both the best event and presence on the refuge and this logo is just part of that.

5 Likes

Complete newbie here, but do we know the format of the tussle yet?

3 Likes

Hey! Welcome! We donā€™t have it locked down yet, there will be multiple formats though. Last year we did a quota game (18) and a Ryder Cup style (over 36 holes).

3 Likes

Planning a trip to Canada end of June will be in Pembroke Ontario is it a doable drive to this event, very interested!

1 Like

Roughly 6ish hours each way - so, doable depending on how much time you can get away from the fam for before and after?

Likely you could drive down Friday and catch a later tee time, stay, play Saturday, stay, drive back Sunday (after a bonus round somehwere elseā€¦!)

2 Likes

Appreciate the info, I mean trip was planned independently of the tournament so must be fate!

4 Likes

The universe is telling you to play in the Tussle. Ignore the universe at your own peril!

6 Likes

Just tentatively registered for Saturday! Havenā€™t done anything like this before but I should be fully confirmed a bit closer to the date. Looking forwards to it!!

6 Likes

You wonā€™t regret it. I crashed the party late last year and The Duck Club has tolerated me ever since!

2 Likes

I have to say Iā€™m not a very good golfer, so I hope I donā€™t drag whatever team Iā€™m on down.

3 Likes

I canā€™t imagine people caring as long as youā€™re good with having fun!

3 Likes

Youā€™re in great company. Iā€™m no good at golf either but we have a blast out there.

1 Like

Iā€™m in the boat where I feel like Iā€™m ok at golf, but the results rarely match up. I played like absolute ass last year, and it was the most fun weekend of golf all season. The event is a total blast!

2 Likes

Oh Captain, my inept Captain.

6 Likes

Countdown is on!!

9 Likes

1 Like

For non locals where is everyone staying? Saw the Comfort inn has a group rate, but kind of looking to use some points, is anyone thinking the Hampton inn or Homewood Suites?

Havenā€™t made it this far in the plans yet but the 100 days notice is a good prompt to raise it up the priority list.

Iā€™d certainly jump in the group rate pool probably as it sounded like it was decent and close by but as I may be attending with some family an idea for different accommodations was raised.

1 Like

Thereā€™s also a pretty cool looking AirBnB close by. Itā€™s operated by another golf cuourse owner I believe - the guy is a total shithead - but it was a pretty sweet placeā€¦ I think its called The Manor at Tillsonburg?