The Duck Club presents: The Tussle at Tarandowah (ON): 2022, June 24-25

Going to be a little more than a carpool this year!

1 Like

#TeamSleepOnTheRange

3 Likes

Are we over prepared? Maybe. But we are Canadaā€™s Premier Golf Event. So we have to be.

14 Likes

If it was easy, everyone would do it - but they donā€™t, do they?

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the rate? Also, would anyone be interested in Airbnb for a couple days?

Also, what time would festivities be beginning Friday? Trying to figure out whether itā€™s a fly in Thursday night or Friday morning kinda thing.

Iā€™m hoping others come in Thursday too so we can worry about transportation together!

1 Like

Iā€™m likely available for transport to/from Pearson but not likely until Friday AM

I think it was 104 a night. Regular rate was around 125

1 Like

Iā€™m interested in this and airbnb options if they exist. Perfectly happy with a hotel as well but options are options.

Iā€™ve looked at flights and it seems from edmonton at least my options are redeye to very early arrival, or well into afternoon. I havenā€™t committed to timing yet as I may have to do a kid daycare drop off before flying Thursday which obviously restricts some timing.

Fun news personally is that my little sister and her guy sound like theyā€™re going to attend. Sheā€™s happy to hear sheā€™s not the only lady.

4 Likes

@cfrench too!

Iā€™ve said it before but Iā€™ll repeat it that Iā€™m really hoping to play Thursday evening, and Sunday morning. It sounded like thereā€™s a crew of interested folks already.

1 Like

Hey!
There is lots of golf to be had all week! Iā€™ll throw up the spread sheet we have going for that soon!
Tussle will officially kick off Friday afternoon.

As promised!

2 Likes

Ah right so afternoon Friday kicks it off for the event, so Friday morning is a possibility as well. Could be a lot of golf played amongst all those in attendance. Sounds fun. Thanks for sharing the spreadsheet.

Iā€™ve added my name to a Thursday pm round, and a Sunday am round for now. Coming from out of town Iā€™d rather not lead the course choice but would happily tag along if some local knowledge wanted to pick some flavour. Seems like I need to get serious about flight booking.

2 Likes

Okay so flights are booked, Iā€™ll be coming into pearson thursday for 1pm, by the sounds of things @Sarah will be coming in a little later but probably still with plenty of time for long summer evening golf. Weā€™re just starting to talk about car rentals. Not sure how much daylight weā€™re working with but it seems weā€™ll be 2hrs (traffic?) from tarandowah, something to figure out for thursday golf options (hey locals!).

If anyone else is coming through pearson that afternoon and wants to pile in on transport let me know and we can work out the details. Iā€™ll be heading out late sunday around 6pm. If the timing works out for others Iā€™m happy to share as much as needed to make things happen for everyone.

4 Likes

Amazing!

If we can navigate the single dumbest booking system in golf, a late-afternoon round at maybe the best muni in Canada might be a fit. Lakeview would be a killer ā€œwelcome to Ontarioā€ round. Then head out post-rush hour towards Tarandowah from there.

@Sarah what time are you expected to hit the ground at Pearson?

1 Like

16:20 on the 23rd!

1 Like

This seems like a much better way to get a round in than fighting traffic for a few hours then trying to play.

Looks like fun

4 Likes

Itā€™s unbelievably good. Althoughā€¦ now I have to go check if itā€™s open. Thereā€™s a sizeable restoration happening to the creek that cuts through the whole property - I forget when itā€™s going to disrupt play.

Lakeview was the site of one of the more memorable Duck Club outings - late in the year (my last round of the season) we managed to play 15ish holes as a 6some. Terrible weather, a quiet tee sheet late in the day in November, and our ability to keep up to a 3some in carts meant nobody bothered us. Truly a highlight of my 2021.

4 Likes

Info on the reno -

Shows the plans, and the timeline. Construction happening throughout winter, theyā€™ll open up a composite 9 hole course in the spring and are aiming to have all 18 open by summer. Weā€™ll keep an eye on itā€¦

3 Likes