The Donnybrook v2 @ Pinehurst Resort 10/7-10/10 (REGISTRATION IS OPEN - info at post 31)

I don’t think it played too large a role. I think its just generally drier in central NC and the stuff couldnt survive. The water vapor shows upper level moisture, and shows the more moist air move in from the south into the drier air, where t proceeds to die a relatively quick death.

1 Like

Interesting. Good to know. See what I mean about feel player?

@anon47037505 how long are you staying in NC??

Gotta leave tomorrow. I was fortunate to get a call on this waitlist previously from @Privatecollection. Probably should’ve tried to scalp it to @2puttbogey1.

17 Likes

Is anyone interested in selling there spot at the Donnybrook?

1 Like

:joy::joy:

I’ll sell you mine.

Believe the going rate is $1,000?

2 Likes

I remember you saying that. I was just hoping you’d be able to be convinced to stay longer.

1 Like

Let’s not sacrilege the Donnybrook with that Bandon nonsense.

1 Like

You’re saying the price should be $2,500?

1 Like

Donnies,

Looked like today was just fine out there. There were 2 of the smallest, weakest cells possible that rolled over in the noon-2pm timeframe, but no recorded rain at the station. I’m assuming if there was any rain, calling it a short drizzle would be generous.

^This has a chance of holding up, at least as far as rain goes. The low off to the west is moving N’ward very slowly, plenty of water being sucked up from the Gulf, but its all stayed west. Shoutout high pressure to the NE holding strong, huge block possibly taking this system out of the mix thru mid-day Friday. The weak low off the coast likely to dictate rain chances.

Thursday, Donny Day 0, damp in the AM/maybe fog, but no serious chance for rain thru the day. Expecting some showers southeast of you. Should be a decent day, cloudy, never too cold, never too warm. Watch the Radar in the afternoon to make sure those showers to the SE don’t expand too far west. Evening reception about 75F->70F by 9pm. Humid.

Friday, #4. Things are looking okay thru at least noon. Chances linger after that, higher chances 2pm+, but anything west of 95 doesnt look to have much juice until after the sun goes down. Look for showers to begin to your east and try to work w’ward thru the afternoon/evening.

Saturday, #2. Forecast is trending favorably. At this point it may be leftover Vibes in the area.

lPO9i4
Donny, wishing you all well

30 Likes

Dearest Loaf, if/when we meet for the first time, drinks on me.

5 Likes

I’m not in the Donnybrook but I live nearby in Greensboro so was fortunate enough to play a delightful round at Southern Pines today with @BananaFade and @drv4show, really great guys and a very enjoyable round. It was a bit slow out there so ended up joining up with the three behind us for the last 2 holes, gentlemen I’m sorry I’m terrible with names and I didn’t get your Refuge handles, but it was a great time. Absolute pleasure meeting everyone else who was there, you all have a fantastic weekend and looking forward to seeing some of you again on Sunday for Tobacco Road (just letting you know in advance I will have forgotten most of your names by then, so it’ll be like meeting all over again!).

Regarding Southern Pines GC, I hadn’t played it before the renovation, but it was phenomenal. Give the greens another growing season or two and they should be mint, until then just allow for extra runout on approach shots since they aren’t grabbing spin just yet.

Also just spoke to the wife, I have her blessing to try to get into the Donnybrook next year, so hope it works out!

26 Likes

Was nice playing the final two holes with you! I’m CJ, the guy with the mustache

4 Likes

I see PH got a couple of short periods of very light rain today.
I hope it didnt bother anyone. Probably not enough to really effect the course conditions tomorrow on #4.

2 Likes

Hey folks,

Need to update you with a possible change for tomorrow, but its worth noting that the models have been wobbly trying nail down a solution to a stubborn high and slow lows surrounding it. I dont have a ton of confidence here. It will be worth watching the local news, or checking what the NWS has to say. Prepare accordingly!

Last night’s scenario is still on the table, the low off to the west has been slow all week, but as noted the high may finally budge a little thru tomorrow. Rooting for it to hold.

There is a solution loitering that brings showers from the west/southwest noon+, west of I95. A result of the high possibly giving a little and letting the western player back in the mix. They should weaken as they approach, but it comes with the possibility of lightning and a downpour.

2 Likes

Well looks like my decision to not bring rain gear may be not great.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed the round with you @Jeff_M and @BananaFade.

3 Likes

Good afternoon!
Hopefully rounds are coming to a close, rain moving in now without lightning.
Things held today! Tonight might be wet, but sets up well for patio time, ambient sounds of rainfall.

Rain is expected tonight and overnight. Maybe to the tune of 0.5-1.0". Soggy course alert.
It is expected to loiter into the morning hours Saturday, but lightning is not expected.
The low offshore is expected to move closer to the coast, and showers hopefully clear to your east by noon. NE’ly winds my come up a bit from what you saw today. 10-15mph. Could feel cool, regardless if it is wet or dry, bring a layer.

6 Likes

Working on an updated leaderboard that has everyone ordered in relation to their quota. Hope to have it first thing tomorrow but here are the results from rd 1.

We will be playing the Ross tees tomorrow morning on no. 2, a combo of blue/white tees as outlined on scorecards.

9 Likes