The Carolina Swig & Swing - 3/14/20 - DETAILS IN POST 826, RAFFLE ITEMS & PAIRINGS POST 1672

Guis.

My palms are sweating.

Knees weak, arms are heavy…

5 Likes

Correct me if im wrong. (im wrong often) But is the goal to use the same point system they used in the last NIT qualifier?

I think they were
4- birdie
2- par
1- bogey

to weight birdies heavier

also: sick choice of charity. big fan, sick choice of course change mid day (allows for appropriate outfit change), and sick prices.

8 Likes

Absolutely. Resounding second over here, as my lovely bride is a teacher.

Excellent work behind the scenes getting this up and going, gents.

4 Likes

This was the other one used. Fully acknowledge we can do whatever we want. just throwing it out there.

5 Likes

@therealDJ you alive bro?

gawd i hope this happens…side action highly encouraged.

4 Likes

3rd. Wife is a teacher as well (in SC). Probably means she’ll be ok with me spending extra money on the charity stuff since it’s going to benefit teachers!

Looking forward to it guis!

3 Likes

I’m out on 4 bogeys = 1 birdie. Sorry

Yeah I like that. If @Double_Bogey_Daveand @anon29849602 I’ll change it.

I agree, but at the same time I think it’s fair to use the same scoring system as used in the official NLU sanctioned NIT qualifier.

I am so effing pumped for this. 36 holes Friday and Saturday followed by another 18 on Sunday morning has me absolutely HYPED.

Fantastic job putting this together everyone. Can’t wait.

3 Likes

Do we need to do anything if we’ve already signed up on the excel sheet?

1 Like

This is weighted appropriately because of handicaps. Your 4 bogeys are going to get you just as close to your quota as one birdie from a low cap.

I would agree if 4 spots were available like the Rustic event, but we have 1 for 48 people. Putting an extra emphasis on birdie literally just punishes high cappers. Of course, I’ll follow whatever we decide.

Also, I understand the math of course handicap quota, but as a 20+ I get two birdies per year. Seems impossible to climb the hill if a low capper gets 4-5 birdies w/ bonus points.

1 Like

This is a good point. We will discuss.

1 Like

I am alive

1 Like

Sry didn’t mean to cause a ruckus. Whatever it is will be a blast.

2 Likes

Looks great, thanks to all that have put in the work to make this happen. I had already secured the all clear for Saturday. The charity of choice (great selection) makes it an easy sell for me to make it to more of the hang. My wife is an elementary school teacher in Charlotte and the charity selection and element just may offset how weird she thinks I am for being so excited to meet a bunch of strangers.

4 Likes

Sorry as well. Might just be my high cap jealousy.

Nah it’s a good point.

Second,
Is there anything else we need to do besides being signed up on the sheet.
are tee times being made in advance for everyone and then pay on arrival?
Do we need to make our own tee times for both Saturday courses?

1 Like