The Carolina Swig & Swing - 3/14/20 - DETAILS IN POST 826, RAFFLE ITEMS & PAIRINGS POST 1672

Can’t be talking about me seeing as you only saw me once, and it was splendid. Wasn’t it?!

3 Likes

splendid indeed…the highlight of my day getting to see you and @alexshreff hop out the cart together

i wont take offense you dont remember seeing and talking to me the second time however

4 Likes

Loud and clear, good buddy.

4 Likes

oh hey, fancy seeing you here

1 Like

Man what a weird feeling day. Golf is over. The world is confused. Work goes on sort of. Kids are home.

7 Likes

Golf is never over!

1 Like

This weekend was so great and I’m so glad we all decided to trudge on given the current state of the world. Everyone I met was a class act, and we had incredible weather all weekend for golf.

Proud of everyone for showing up and raising money for a good cause during a time where it’s arguably more important to do so than ever before.

Can’t thank the Charigui’s enough for all they did - especially @anon29849602 and his wife who opened their home to us all and hosted Saturday night.

Good food, good vibes, good hangs, and good golf all weekend. So good seeing old friends and making new ones, and I can’t wait to do it all over again sometime soon (in roughly 60+ days, in accordance with CDC guidelines, of course).

And huge congrats to @Badatgolf!

:beers:

11 Likes

Great photos mate! Especially glad you got one of me cannoning one into a branch & back over my head - probably my shot of the day.

2 Likes

See above.

Oh, I remember. In fact, that conversation very well could be the highlight of my trip, sir.

touche…the mere thought of seeing you again had me all flustered and discombobulated

3 Likes

The rest of The Refuge is witnessing our blossoming bromance in real time.

1 Like

If you’ve already paid for merch and didn’t receive it, let me know! There are several extras at my house, and also tons of bag tags and stickers.

If you haven’t already paid, you can get on the list as well for any extras remaining after the paid folks - I think we’ll have a few.

No idea when I will actually mail this out, so no big rush, but let me know.

5 Likes

Damn I forgot about stickers. Bring one to Aiken if you remember.

4 Likes

Same for me @anon29849602. Thanks.

1 Like

damn, missed the stickers as well

Forgot about the stickers. If any get sent to Aiken, I’ll just grab mine there.

Also, I forgot to pick up my raffle winnings. If stuff gets brought to Aiken I can grab it there. Otherwise one of the local guys can grab it, don’t want anyone to have to pay shipping to send it to me.

Curious to hear course reviews from the out of towners.

It was good.

Ever played a course built on a landfill with boulders in the middle of the fairway? Ya, me neither.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s because I’m super fat (as @Fluff so eloquently put it later in the day at sifford) but Monroe isn’t a 2/10 on the walking scale I’d say more of a 4-5.

Monroe’s Greens were fantastic. I’d say the golf course is much harder than the slope indicates. I would have no problem having that place be where I regularly pegged it.

Sifford was everything I love about #growingthegame good shape, zero give a fuqs on what you look like, play like or anything in between. I wish Columbia had a 9 hole muni like it. I’d support the shit out of it.

7 Likes

bro listen…my legs/back were absolute toast when i got home saturday night…like had to turn down the sex because they were throbbing

not sure that would be a course i could walk regularly if i lived near by…i damn sure wasnt going to be the only one walking it saturday though

i think tilly clocked the walk at like 9 miles when we stepped off the 18th green at monroe, then it was time for the 3/4 trek back to the clubhouse, straight up the hill to the parking lot, sick