The 3 Bed Room (NC vs VA) July 23 2022 - Pete Dye River Course Radford VA (sign ups at post 370)

Dude, I think it was pretty clear I was dropping my two dads off at the assisted living

I can’t find your card, did you ride with Paul? He’s got 2 cards I think

Always a great time with Smidler, cannot wait to see the new lake and get after it more on the course. @mintbucket hopefully one day I can get off the tee box like you can, it was a pleasure to play with you.

1 Like

Guys, this looks like it was a GREAT time!
Sorry to have missed it, duty called. Sorry to see NC take it home but it sounds like we’ve got an awesome rep for the NIT coming out of this! Cheers and hope to host something at Belmont for everyone coming up in the fall!

2 Likes

Very jealous of everyone who was able to take part in this weekends tournament! Looking at everyone’s posts about the trip has inspired me to start thinking about hosting a refuge tournament up at my home course in Northern Virginia

3 Likes

@Smidler looks like we are heading to NoVa in the Fall!

Come on up! I’d love to have you guys out at Stoneleigh. A pretty unique course for this area

1 Like

@gordongolfs, didn’t mean to call you out for missing, my apologies if it came across that way. I figured you got stuck in the traffic jam on 81-South that I hit on the way down.

1 Like

It was my pleasure to play with you as well. I had the Bomb going, but not the gouge. if its one thing working its also usually two things not working! We definitely surpassed our quota for good laughs!

3 Likes

I got a pic of my card from Paul.

I tallied 5 (net) birdies and a (net) eagle. Per @ColoniusFunk’s guidelines above, that’s another $45 I will be sending your way. Check your Venmo shortly. Tell the kids on the team that if I could putt, they could have all had new putters, but alas, I cannot roll the rock.

4 Likes

Sammy, always a pleasure. Had a blast. One thing our cart will never be short of is good vibes and good times!

1 Like

I’m gonna match that myself, I had some birdies as well. Thanks so much for all your help and support this weekend.

Nicely done. I matched. Looks like it was a great weekend fellas. Looking forward to getting in on the next one.

2 Likes

Now up to $650.

You guys have have absolutely blown my mind. Your generosity here is going to go a long long way, and you guys helped put some giant smiles on some kids faces who otherwise may not get the chance to play like this.

2022 Season picks will be coming in the Spring.

Special thanks to @Tron @Randy @MerchCzar @Soly @djpie for the Pro Shop donations. You guise are making such a major impact on this world, just having fun and being yourselves. This community really shows out for good, simply blown away.

8 Likes
  • April-Mayish 2022
  • Push it back until fall 2022
  • Keep it in late July/Early Aug

0 voters

let me know your ideal time for this next year, as of now gonna email goodyear, in talks with olde mill, and taking suggestions on a border line area course that would be good for us.

I’m partial to anything that means views of fall foliage in the Blue Ridge Mountains!

1 Like

FER SURE

Only issue then is the resort courses will slam packed. Like Olde Mill would be out then I’d think, but I will def see what they want to offer.

1 Like

Great job getting the event together @country35 (and I know @Smidler deserves some secondary credit for stepping up as a great assistant for the weekend!). You have a great course that I would love another shot at, but would likely take a pass on walking every day.

So proud of team NC for taking a trip up north and taking it down! Had a blast out there on the course and even was able to put together a solid round. I was worried when I choked away a par on the par 6, but I had PLENTY of time walking between holes to gather my thoughts.

Looking forward to the next one already!

6 Likes

this is the reason everything ran smooth and went well fer sure

4 Likes

That’s true. Definitely the busy season in the Blue Ridge. You could also check in on Draper. They have a large annual amateur tournament every September and host a bunch of local high school events in the fall. So they may not have an opening in that time-frame either.

1 Like