Sweetens SuperRegional (Sept 12 & 13: Registration is LIVE. Info below)

I know I can go, and am putting together contingencies now such as rental car, AirBnB, etc. since I’m not sure what the $600-700 TC quoted includes. Much easier for me to do this, however, since I can drive to Sweetens in 6hrs.

2 Likes

I don’t know about anyone else, but if get picked, I’m going (obviously assuming nothing major happens or comes up between now and then). It sucks, but if I wasn’t sure I could go, personally I wouldn’t be entering. I wouldn’t hold it against someone who did enter not knowing if they could go, but for me personally, I wouldn’t want to take a spot from someone and then have to back out later.

3 Likes

Yeah, this was more out of curiosity than anything else, I’m still hoping my 1st alt from Rustic gets me in come Nov…

4 Likes

I already got a DM from Tron saying @anon47037505 and I have guaranteed spots so this is all for show…

3 Likes

There is an alternate list, so if someone entered and was picked but can’t go, it is just like that next person was the last pick.

1 Like

I know. And I’m not thinking differently of someone else. Just how I personally think about it. For example, I plan to go and had that weekend blocked off for quite a while. But it would suck if I get on the alternate list, something else comes up for that weekend that I decide to do, and then a few weeks down the road find out my alternate spot got picked and now I can’t go. Again, I’m not judging anyone. I just wouldn’t want to be the reason someone didn’t go.

2 Likes

@Tron must have meant PST … its 2:41 here on the East Coast

2 Likes

Maybe he’s on Hitter Blanco time?

3 Likes

Very well could be the case, might still be selecting the proper tie and hat combo.

Registration is live. We’re on west coast time today :wink:

http://nlusweetens.golfgenius.com/register

15 Likes

Let’s go @anon47037505!!!

2 Likes

Think my wife would be mad if I went to Tennessee for a golf event over our 5-year anniversary?

3 Likes

I went golfing on my 10 year anniversary this May while my wife sat at home with the kids.

In related news, I put the odds at +110 that I’m divorced before the 11th anniversary.

8 Likes

Just did this last weekend. My 18 month old was up crying at 4:30am and I left at 5am for an all day golf trip with @littleCoreyPavin. I’m not divorced yet…

1 Like

You guys are bad guys

1 Like

@Tron This might have been covered elsewhere, but what does the $700 cover? Food? Lodging? Green fees?

Good Q - it’s in the registration info but will post here for convenience.

3 Likes

Wow can a lot change in 5 hours - my wife was just let go from her job after being furloughed a few months ago, due to COVID-19 impact to her company. Shit happens! Probably not smart to book a golf-trip such as this with that just being dropped on us.

1 Like

Registered.

If I get in, my wife is going kill me. Go ahead and write my obituary now.

17 Likes

Godspeed. @Battisstatus knows my wife would actually kill me if I booked this.

1 Like