Steeplechase II at Jeffersonville GC (Norristown, PA): 2022, July 16th

That pin on 18 was insane

5 Likes

Is it ever not insane? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

128 and I look forward to the challenge. Hoping to work on my putting and get my handicap down so that I have more quota points to attain this year. Also, Iā€™m gaming a new 3 wood so I can get to those 230 yard par 3s that were diabolical last year.

2 Likes

It made for the ultimate spectacle coming down the stretch.

1 Like

Especially when you go for the green in two and it comes to rest on a drainage gate deep into the parking lotā€¦

2 Likes

Hey man, risk/reward right?

1 Like

Able to get up and down for par so I canā€™t complain. Wound up being the second alternate and snuck into the NIT!

5 Likes

Iā€™ve played that hole 40 times and I still played it like an idiot that day. Went for it in two and blocked my 2nd shot, about 20 feet right of the green just past pin high. I knew the chip would be impossible to stop so I got too cute and left it short. So now I still have another impossible chip to stop which was proven accurate as I chipped down to the same front left collection area that everyone else ended up in. The key to making par is to get there in three shots, not four.

But whatever, its more fun to go for itā€¦

1 Like

And A Flight winner at that!! 2 NIT entries from the Steeplechase resulted in 2 flight winners and auto qualifiers for '22. So however many NIT spots open up for this years event will go to 2 new reps for the chase!

4 Likes

Damn, thatā€™s awesome! Congrats to you both, thatā€™s fantastic.

1 Like

I was thinking about Jeff the other day and it led me to thinking about what a Philly-area (Electric Phactory) composite course made up of the best holes from the areaā€™s public courses might be. If you restricted it to one hole per course and the holes have to be in the original sequential order it gets tough. For Jeff itā€™d be between #1, #8, #13, and #17 for me but it would depend on what I chose from other courses.

Iā€™ll think more about it and start a thread for people to contribute ideas.

4 Likes

As someone not from the area, I have to agree that #1 might be one of my favorite opening holes on a golf course. I enjoy a challenging par 4 to start as opposed to a gentle handshake. Opening holes should give you an idea of what you will be facing the rest of the day and #1 at Jeff introduces the nuance and precision you will need on the course.

1 Like

I proposed this project with some friends a while back, and this is what one came up with:

(He lives in Gilbertsville, so heā€™s biased)

2 Likes

I havenā€™t played a few of those courses (Gilbertsville???), but I know a lot of those holes well.

I started working on my own last night but Iā€™m stuck on 4, 7, & 15.

4 at Glen Mills is that spectacular S-shaped par 5 down the hillā€¦ Just sayinā€™!

2 Likes

Would also be curious to see what a composite course of worst/most hated holes in the area would look like

I donā€™t love that hole but I have it on my preliminary list and it might win out by default.

I donā€™t know if I could fill out a whole 18 Most Hated Holes composite course because even if a course is blah Iā€™m still usually happy to be there golfing. But there are courses that I like that have a few stinkers.

Like, I haaaate #10 at Inniscrone. Hate. I hate it so much. Itā€™s so dumb.

#17 at Paxon is pretty terrible (and then #18 is perfect).

#5 at Cobbs was infuriating.

2 Likes

Yea would definitely take a very cynical mind to fill out a full 18. #14 at Mountain View and #18 at Makefield Highlands would 100% be on mine though.

Iā€™d say #18 at Makefield can burn in hell, but it already is hell

1 Like