South Florida

My brother and I are heading down to Vero 1st weekend in March to watch my son play baseball but we will have some free mornings, any thoughts on courses in that area that treasure a couple of high single digits hcp’s from Massachusetts looking to shake the rust off?

Your best bets are either Sandridge or Meadowood if you have to stay local in Vero pretty much everything else is private and in full season.

2 Likes

Drive the half hour into Martin County for Port St. Lucie/Palm City/Stuart options. The recently opened semi-private Astor Creek CC is a fun course with interesting green complexes, and has tee times on GN/TeeOff and their own website.

3 Likes

Have one spot at Champions Club @ Summerfield on Sat afternoon is anyone is interested. @ASplashOfOJ

Not sure what thread to post this in, hoping someone around Fort Lauderdale can provide some assistance. I’ll be in FLL for a week, and it just so happens to be a week before my first ever competitive event (stupid New Year’s resolution) and I’m considering bringing my clubs so I can get some practice in.

Anyone know of a good driving range near downtown FLL?

Thanks for the input, we played Astor Creek and found it to be a fun course in really nice condition. Great course to knock the New England rust off. We were lucky enough to play Bent Pines as well, tremendous course with some really beautifully designed holes in pristine condition. We got a kick out of seeing Vista Plantation all weekend when we were driving around, I guess it is a hybrid exec course par 62 but all off that water and the tightness off the highway was just sick, I would have loved to play there before we left to lighten my golf bag into their hazards.

2 Likes

BP is a super track and in great shape.

Any Jupiter/PBG refugees have any recommendations on Private Clubs in the area? We moved here a couple years ago and have 2 girls under 4, trying to figure out if any have young-ish memberships. I’m in my late 30s so I guess I still consider myself young-ish, for now.

Exact same situation - I think pga national is the most accessible in terms of joining fees / waitlist. Tequestra cc is the “hot” spot for young families but I think it’s a 3+ year wait list atm

Nice to know I’m not alone. I’ve talked to the guy at PGA a few times, just don’t love that place.

It looks like Jonathan’s Landing has an executive membership (on a wait list like everywhere else), but I don’t know anything about the membership. Have heard Tequesta as well but would also like to find a place that has activities for kids (similar to Mirasol).