South Florida

Hoping to get some help!

We (myself and my wife and 2 daughters 3 + 1) are at the point of deciding between moving to South Florida (Jupiter WPB) or Conneticut.

We had previously been living in NY, now in Europe.

Any and all advice would be appreciated on how difficult it is to get kids into schools, integrate into community, what are things that I cant know from scolling zillow and speaking to re agents.

Given we have no priors - any info, at all, would be greatly appreciated and I thank anyone in advance for taking a moment out of their day to help out.

1 Like

If you enjoy cold bitter winters and Noreasters then Connecticut is your place to be. If you prefer year round golf, amazing boating, fishing, mosquitoes, gnats, spring like weather for 3-4 months followed by scorching hot and muggy summer for 8-9 months then come on down! I cant assist much on the details of Jupiter as a life long Miami resident but I do visit the area monthly to play golf.

1 Like

How bad are the summers? Level with me…:slight_smile:

I don’t think they’re bad. I grew up in 95+ degrees and humidity through the roof. Some northern migrants don’t play golf after 11am and before 3pm due to the heat and humidity. I prefer endless summers over anytime in cold weather. It all depends on what you’re used to.

I’ve been in FL almost 17 years now (from NorCal), and I’m still trying to acclimate to the summers. Your best defense from the heat and humidity is to get as close to the sea breezes as you can afford. Inland is :skull_and_crossbones:.

(Cynical, mostly tongue in cheek, comment): How interested are you in having your daughters get a “patriotic” education?

1 Like

Very. I think its central to their sense of self to understand the 700 year struggle to achieve Irish self government against the oppressors. Do they cover that in Florida schools?

3 Likes

they arent that bad. I live in jupiter. We have a pool and air conditioning so you manage. In the summer i play golf at 730 am and jump in the pool. When you play at mid day sure its super hot but manageable. Let me know if you have any questions about the area or specific neighborhoods etc.

1 Like

That would be super helpful - ok if I dm you?

Yes of course!

We need three more guys for 10/7 at Hammock Creek!

1 Like

Hello All:
Recently moved to South Florida (West Palm Beach) and trying to find some new playing partners. Recent college grad (any other Miami Redhawks here??) so would love to find some others in there 20s who are looking to get out. Can host at my club occasionally too.
Looking forward to meeting other NLUers in the area!

1 Like

Kader, welcome to the neighborhood! I live just east of The Park and always looking for a game. Also can host at Mayacoo.

2 Likes

@Kader tee it up with this guy, @MP32 is good people!

2 Likes

Hey man! I’m down in Fort Lauderdale, but always up for a game. Where do you typically play?

Currently in Sarasota visiting my mom. We spent the day in Siesta Key, and i realized I don’t spend enough time in south Florida during the winter.

Anyone have a good recommendation on best place to get an Airbnb for a few weeks that has access to the beach and good public golf? Or a course where I could look to rent at that is close to the beach?

In Jupiter for another season. If there’s any south Florida events or meetups, I’d be open to play. I’ll keep tabs on this thread. Cheers, Z

:eyes: :eyes:

3 Likes

Is there interest for a south Florida meetup ? Would be nice to get something going in the 305.

One spot open for The Park Saturday 2/10 at 1pm to play with me, @duncmitchell and @Birdie813

1 Like

Two open spots at The Park this Saturday