South Florida

This is awesome! Looking forward to hearing more about it when we all get together on a call

Existing WhatsApp group s/o @2down

3 Likes

Tagging my gui @Commish

3 Likes

Idk what any of this means…but I’m here for it!

1 Like

Mark your calendars FL Roost folks

8:30p Zoom on 12/1

Link to follow!!!

2 Likes

Tonight’s zoom 8:30P ET FL ROOST

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 971 8160 7867
Passcode: 4ejT7S

1 Like

Starting soon come one come all

Made a last minute decision to play St Lucie Trail tomorrow at 11:16am. Looks like there’s still one spot available if anyone’s looking to play. Weather is supposed to be real nice. Cheers.

Happy Friday to the South Florida crew! I am taking a trip down to Dade County in a couple weeks. Hoping to sneak a couple of rounds in along with some exploring. I am doing research but figured I’d toss some questions to the experts!

1. Is Doral - Blue worth it? Pretty pricey this time of year and would be more than happy to spend my money elsewhere unless it’s a must play.
  2. What is the best local Strapped course around the city?
  3. Any suggestions on food spots, coffee shops or other local restaurants that if missed would truly detract from a trip to South Beach?

PS - if anyone is ever coming to Chicago let myself or the rest of the Chicago thread know and we will point you in the right direction. Would be happy to link up for some golf and or enjoying a few beverages

Sláinte,

Ollie

RACDG NY’er here. Gonna be in the Jupiter area for the holidays and have my go-to courses that I will play (Par 3, Fox Club & The Florida Club). Any other tracks you reccomend?

I like two courses in Miami Dade - both are Miami Beach-ish.

Crandon Golf at Key Biscayne is the best.

Close second for me: Normandy Shores.

If you’re going up north to play Florida Club, also try Hammock Creek and see if you can beat Charlie Woods’ 34 on the front.

North Palm Beach is a really nice Nicklaus but might be hard to get on. Bear Lakes (another private) and Banyan Cay are beautiful.

It’s been a while since I’ve lived in Miami, but I’d say Greynolds or Miami Springs are going to be your “Strapped” options. Everything else is going to be expensive. I’d recommend Emerald Hills in Hollywood as a “value” proposition - not cheap but good for the price.

Food? Again, it’s been a while and the pandemic has probably wreaked havoc in the market. If it were me I guess I’d want to swing by Black Brick in Mid-Town for Chinese.

Fox Club is still the best, but Lost Lake and Champions Club @ Summerfield are also in that area.

1 Like

What’s up, Ollie!?

Born, raised, still live in Dade and have to say, the golf scene down here can be a tough one. The grass grows like a weed down here and most cheaper courses just can’t keep up. The well maintained courses will cost more but there are some solid options:

1. I’ve avoided the Trump property but I am sure they are still in excellent condition. Red used to be a nice complement to blue but it’s been a while for me. Crandon is a nice destination as the property is wedged onto Key Biscayne but manages to play around 7,000 yards with some great Biscayne Bay views. If Crandon is booked swap it out with the Biltmore. It’s a Donald Ross (but friendly to resort sprayers) and sits on one of the most beautiful hotels in Florida. You can mix in Normandy Shores, Miami Shores, Melreese, the Biltmore, or Miami Beach, if you have time for another round. Normandy and Miami shores are my suggestions - not too pricey and not too stuffy either. Weekend rounds will be 4.5 hours at all of these guis.

2. Strapped in Dade is tough… 20min North in Broward you have better options around $50:
    Pembroke Lakes
    Davie CC

3. DM me when you are rolling through and I can send you some nice food recs depending on what your plans are.

Parker

1 Like

Can second @LiveAdam that Emerald Hills is a nice value play and only a 20-30min drive from dade.

1 Like

Miami Shores was always my go-to driving range when I lived downtown. Biltmore was also a go-to for a round - they were an early adopter of EZLinks, even back when you could bid on a tee time. Got some crazy good deals out there. Just had to watch the iguanas like a hawk.

1 Like

Traveling out to visit my brother in a couple of weeks. We’re looking to play Thursday 2/3 and Friday 2/4. He was thinking Osprey Point or Miami Beach GC. Any other recommendations or games going on with openings for 2?

Edit: He lives in Aventura, so that is home base.

anyone have any thoughts on the floridian? supposed to play with my buddy this week

South Florida get involved!

We have our first event next week and the deadline to signup is today, see all of our events here on this google doc.

Signup for the Roost here if you haven’t already!

1 Like

Going to be in Miami Feb 7th-11th anyone looking to play during the week?

@ChillMickelson I live down here in Miami but work from early to 6pm M-F. DM me if you are looking for any suggestions or what not but sadly can’t get our during the week.

Anyone have a recommendation for an Ohioan who got a free day in Fort Lauderdale this week? I’m playing Jacaranda East tomorrow but trying to find a landing spot for me and two others this Sunday.