Sisterhood of the Traveling Refugee Sunday Bag

I think paying extra for $200 in insurance on an item I made on my living room floor in my underwear with $40 worth of fabric and thinking we could somehow prove that value to USPS given the story is the best part

18 Likes

You lost me at underwear

4 Likes

What I imagine that process looked like

11 Likes

Things got weird

7 Likes

Let’s not forget, sometimes weird things lead to amazing things.

7 Likes

Wow. What a rollercoaster. Thank you for this entertainment. Better than any movie I’ve watched recently.

6 Likes

Echo @Nsandila, what a roller-coaster of emotions!

3 Likes

This might belong on the conspiracy theory thread but I think this whole thing was cooked up to reignite one of the coolest things to ever come out of the Refuge.

27 Likes

3 Likes

So glad that we found the bag. Following along like a breaking news cycle sent me into the archives.

I grabbed the bag in 2021 from @RobbieVogel in Boston and took it on my first trip to Bandon. Felt proud to carry the bag and carry on the tradition.

P.S. Things did get weird as darkness fell upon the Preserve!

23 Likes

Gotta get Lloyds of London involved in that shitz.

1 Like

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

Edit:

Bag has safely made it to Indiana!

23 Likes

5 Likes

Are we going to try and cover it in Roost patches as it travels? Or is it some unspoken rule that the traveling sunday bag must stay in it’s original blank Canvas form?

I would personally vote blank and possibly leave a patch in the pocket?

5 Likes

Agree. She’s perfect as is, but the bag-o-stuff she travels with can always use some fresh goodies.

4 Likes

Absolutely! I knew there was a bag of goodies, didn’t realize there was this much! We may be running late heading to my fiancée’s parents house because I started growing through it and then had to switch my clubs into it. Lol

2 Likes

This is the communities bag so the group say goes, but I say hell yes cover it in patches. The goodie bag gets so overloaded with logo balls and other crap, it would be fantastic to see it covered in Roost patch graffiti as it makes its travels.

The only thing in the bag should be the journal, flag, and a small bag with ball markers/something else small to pass along to the next carrier for them to take. No balls at all.

My only worry is whether the patches will stick to the canvas due to the wax, but if someone wants to try then absolutely go for it

8 Likes

I had been collecting a few for my Jones bag, but I could take a shot at sewing one on this next week? Have zero experience sewing canvas though.

I was thinking about this for Roost patches, one those giant safety pin type things to collect them. Might be easier than sewing them.

3 Likes