Sisterhood of the Traveling Refugee Sunday Bag

Just added a trip to the list for July 16-18 to Gearhart to reunite with some friends for the first time since before the pandemic. I saw @MikeHiggz10 is on there also for a potential trip that same weekend but still TBD. If that’s the weekend that your trip ends up being I will obviously defer to you but figured I’d get my name on there just in case.

The TSB made it to the PNW for the Oly Proli but due to uncontrollable circumstances (no replay at THC, immediate replay at CB, carts at GM), it only made one appearance there, and I don’t think that person took any pics.

So before it heads to the next ‘Fugee, I took it for a “quick” 13 at Jefferson Park Golf Course, in Seattle.

The Jeff, Jeff Park, or “El Jeffe” opened in 1915 and is a charming, tree-lined, PNW gem of a course where you’ll most likely always find your ball, may get a view of Rainier and/or a couple nesting Bald Eagles, and the locals always add “character” to your round. If you have the big right miss in your game, don’t put your name or other personably identifiable markings on you’re ball as houses and cars are “in play” on 6 of the holes.

This lovely Friday afternoon was a “everyone come out and play as slow as fuck, who cares, it’s 70 and sunny in Seattle” day at the Jeff. And the TSB fit right in. No structure, casual, frayed at the edges, just like all of us.

It was an honor to carry the bag and be a part of theTSB experience.

36 Likes

Looks like a great place to take the TSB out! Bummed it didn’t work out to take it out for a round at the Olympic Prolific but just added a request to the sheet to have it represented at our Blade Meetup in September as a consolation :grin:

5 Likes

Seeing these pics has me even more excited! We are getting golf back today, so I will actually get to carry it somewhere else other than a city park.

2 Likes

Hopefully, the bag and the traveling mirrors make an appearance at The Donnybrook.

1 Like

Hey - sorry I did not respond sooner but our event is confirmed for the weekend of 7/16-7/18.

1 Like

No worries! Enjoy your walk with it!

Just picking up on this thread… tell me you bought this…

Just put in a request for a date in September! playing 100 holes in Detroit to raise money for the local First Tee program

5 Likes

Anyone know where the bag is currently? Severe lack of picture as of late

2 Likes

Ooof, par 3 or regular course?

Regular course – Chandler Park in Detroit

1 Like

Good luck. Those kind of things can get tricky that late in the year.

I was scheduled to do one in June one year, weather delays and availability precluded me from doing it until October, so I had to change it to a Par 3 course.

Thanks! I’m excited and hoping the weather is perfect fall weather for Michigan, so we’ll see. Thankfully the course is short – 5,800 from the back – and super flat

Buck a hole, DG. Hit me up when your fundraising gets going.

1 Like

Thanks, OTP! Here’s the link: Support Max White - First Tee - Greater Detroit 100 Hole Golf Marathon | PledgeIt for Charities

2 Likes

19 Likes

I have done a terrible job posting pictures. On my to-do list that gets longer, not shorter.

I sent the bag to @MikeHiggz10 a couple weeks ago.

Also, shipping it over the border is a tremendous PITA.

2 Likes

Yeah, our friends up north may have to send it up to a meetup so multiple people can carry it because international freight costs/export docs/etc. might make it extremely difficult.

Add you to the list of people who likely had to pay way too much in shipping costs to get it to it’s next destination :joy:
I think @RobbieVogel is in the lead with like $85 to 2nd Day Air it

4 Likes

Unfortunately due to a delay with customs I did not get to use it. I shipped it from PA to CA and it’s currently in @Cy619 's possession now. His trip looks like it should be primed for some good pictures.