Second City Golf Club vs. Fresh Coast Flock (Grand Rapids, July 2022)

We’re good for Pilgrims and Diamond Springs. And sadly Founders is booked Friday :frowning: The search for opening ceremony venues continues.

3 Likes

BY GAWD THAT’S @TeddyPargame’s MUSIC!!!

3 Likes

i’ll be in the bullpen. you boys call me if you need me.

3 Likes

When did this jump to 16 v 16?! Love it! Things move quick around here

2 Likes

I think the expansion makes renting a sprinter van a no-brainer.

2 Likes

PSA for everyone, Diamond Springs and Pilgrims Run (I’m pretty sure about this) are DRY courses. Don’t know about The Mines.

1 Like

Hey @Kbergen28 you want a spot?

1 Like

You’re correct about diamond springs and pilgrims run. The mines does serve alcohol as of last season. Prior 5o that they weren’t open Sundays, so no surprise they didn’t sell alcohol.

Unsure on availability…waiting to hear on timing of a bachelorette trip for my wife so I’ll stay on the sidelines for now

1 Like

Does that mean alcohol is prohibited (and enforced) or no alcohol is sold?

Both. Can’t speak to the strictness of the enforcement as I’ve only played DS once. Maybe some locals who knows more can

I played Pilgrim’s run about 4 months ago and we order beer after the round so unless something has changed, I think they serve. I know DS doesn’t.

Being an avid Diamond Springs player, just bring it in your bag (they know what’s going on and could really care less) Coincidently there is a nice little convenience store right at the corner when you turn toward the property

9 Likes

For 2CGC vs. FCF we’re gonna borrow the match play format of a Chicago team event (shoutout Burban). Every match, fourball and singles, will be Nassau style meaning there are three segments to each match - front, back, full 18.

EDIT: fourball match segments worth 2 points for a segment win, 1 point for halving. Singles matches are 1 point per segment, half a point for halves. This gives even weight to the days.

6 Likes

Any dietary concerns I need to know about for planning the opening ceremony meal?

just-give-me-all-the-bacon-and-eggs-you-have

10 Likes

I am vegetarian due to a metabolic disorder so if there are carbs available I am good to go.

1 Like

Alright guys -

I just paid the $150 room deposit with New Holland for our 32 players plus @PTM and his buddies coincidentally going to Grand Rapids the same weekend. We have the room on Friday from 5-8pm, menu is not set yet but it will include 2 appetizers, meal with two sides, and a dessert. Cash bar. Early math has it around $55 for the space, food, and tip. That will be paid to me as we get closer to the day.

If everyone could please Venmo me $4.29 for putting down the deposit that would be great. Michigan guys please include your Refuge handle and name in the description so I can keep all of that documented. My Venmo is EthanConroy419, last 4 digits are 7993 if you get asked. Please reach out to me if you have any questions.

5 Likes

So every golf course has gotten back to me approving our tee time block requests. See below for info:

Saturday AM @ Pilgrims Run: TBA, waiting on a new pro to start here tomorrow and give exact times this week but he has said we’ll get them.
Saturday PM: Tee time block starting at 2:30pm at the Mines. 9:10pm projected sunset Saturday so if we have to move tee time blocks even a little we’ll be fine.
Sunday AM: Diamond Springs, block at 11am.

7 Likes

Reminder to Chicago guys that Airbnbs are booked on your own. I did a good amount of digging and can’t find anything that could fit all of us. Vacationers must have booked all the houses made for multiple families.

3 Likes