(Scoring at Post 366) Florida Meetup - The StrappedDraw at Palatka Golf Club, August 1st

In if the date works and if it is a qualifier…

Otherwise, I am eyeing Chicago and Columbus due to proximity of family.

1 Like

Maybe I missed it, but have there been any dates thrown around for this?

Haven’t posted any dates yet. Wanted to take everyone’s temperature. Currently posting from a rehearsal dinner and in a wedding tomorrow, but will work on kicking around some dates.

1 Like

Shotgun crashing in your pool house. You like dogs right? And kids? How many kids could fit in there?

3 Likes

House is very much the pool house no additional dwelling units here but all are welcome!!

I’ll be honest…it grosses me out that Refuge meet ups are becoming more about getting a spot in an NIT (that’s in Florida to @pushdraw’s point) than they are about community and charity.

7 Likes

@Lazstradamus we talked a bit about this at the top, but @NoLayovers has had this idea cooking for a while and it’s clear that he’s done a lot of thinking before the NIT announcements today (hell, he has the damn train schedule incorporated in the agenda and maps ready to go). We all agree that we need to be cautious moving forward to make sure that these events are planned with the community in mind first (and second and third and generally just plan all of them completely separate from the NIT), but I don’t think this particular event is more about getting a spot in the NIT.

4 Likes

Good.

The thing about people is they tend to act differently when there are stakes. Not that losing/winning $20 versus @gatorz7888 isn’t stakes, but if these things become about spots in the NIT it can change things.

7 Likes

I was SHOOK at how many people signed up through the nest that not been to the refuge before.

Like I know logically that was bound to happen. But still feels weird.

The refuge is still the real nest.

4 Likes

I think the idea of this meetup is awesome. I think that people who will only come to it if it is a NIT-qualifying tournament are decidedly not awesome and don’t understand the heart and soul Refuge yet.

Please, if you’re interested in this, come either way. The refuge is a mind-bogglingly great place in person.

4 Likes

I’m local, and in either way. Looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Oh man, the itinerary and general vibe of this is beautiful. But baby #1 is inbound in the near future, so I’m likely on the bench for this one.

This is firing me up and excited by everyone’s positive feedback. More to come this week with potential dates, etc.

3 Likes

I’m interested, But have no desire or the required game to care about the NIT or any serious stakes

1 Like

Definitely interested, would have to know the dates to be sure.

1 Like

My vote is for summertime, maybe in July.

2 Likes

I’m all the way over on the west coast but this sounds awesome and I’d love to make it depending on the dates.

2 Likes

I’ve missed so much by not logging in for two days. Count me in!

3 Likes

I’m very interested in this eclectic schedule. If this happens to fit in the schedule, I’ll be there. NIT allocation is not a factor.

1 Like

Love it. Waiting on a call back from the pro to discuss dates and logistics. Likely late-summer or fall based on already announced NIT dates and Palatka’s online calendar. WP9, Brentwood, and Jax Beach would just be tee times so those should be pretty straightforward.

3 Likes