Rustic Canyon Local Qualifier (Feb 2020)

Pool party at my hotel Sunday night? I want the field worse for the wear Monday morning. Stoked to meet some of you guys and to see the course. Let’s go launch ‘em !!

For as long as there have been stablefords and handiucaps, the mid-to-high player wins. Why? It’s simple, really…

The high handicapper EARNED that high handicap hitting driver off every tee and just generally shooting at the pin, playing to play their best. It doesn’t always work out. But…if you give that high-handicapper 15 shots and one of them is on a 500 yard par 5, he’s propbably not hitting driver, and he’s probably not hitting a club that will reach the green because there are bunkers around that green, and he’s probably not trying to make that downhill 10-footer because why not play for the tap-in bogey and get points?

The 4-handicapper knows none of these luxuries.

6 Likes

I am going hard into self pity mode

I recommend going hard into “Lazstradamus Mode” which is a terror for the 16-handicapper who is cautiously and calculatingly “gaming” the system while playing in my group.

Hell know no fury like a gambler scorned.

3 Likes

Shoot how do i register? Maybe this is my best chance

2 Likes

You would win hands down

1 Like

I didnt get the email. @djpie scummy at best.
:kissing_heart:

Keep talking dirty to me

6 Likes

Love the format choice! Would be sick to play it, and you guys are gona have a blast. Looking forward to seeing @Lazstradamus local course knowledge be used to good effect on the guise who have never played Rustic before.

“Sure you should take on the barranca. What’s the worst that could happen?”
“Left is fine on 10, you just might have to take your shoes off to putt afterwards.”
“Be with you in a second, just gota get me another American Spirit out of my pushcart.”

4 Likes

I feel offended

Last week i lost by 20 points to a 15 handicap playing net stableford… :joy:

1 Like

This is some spot on analysis. Even if I was a sandbagging 20 handicap (currently play around 12 (in fairness I’m the worst 12 ever)) I wouldn’t like my chances against @Lazstradamus. I’ve heard he chooses unfiltered cigarettes because he “likes the taste more”. I could never hold my own against someone like that.

5 Likes

I would definitely be in this group and I must remind you that we don’t get to a 15-handicap by playing smart.

8 Likes

I’ll be honest, he sherpa’d me round like a pro last year. But that’s cos i’m

a) a wonky 15 h/cap
b) was playing his back-up set which he didn’t want me to break
c) we weren’t playing for any real money
d) I was supplying the American Spirits.

You guise are f00ked.

4 Likes

15 handicappers don’t game the system by shooting at pins, rather they have a day where they catch lightning in a bottle and play reasonably well off the tee, from the fairway and on/around the green. It doesn’t happen often enough which is why we are at 15 and not at 8.

My low HC was 12.7 or so back in 2014. It’s 15.3 right now, down around 13 earlier in the year. Almost touched 16 a few weeks back. There is a big difference in level of play between the two.

Good news is I’ve leveled the ship.

4 Likes

Have you ever seen a 15 handicap hit a wedge on a 210 yard par 3 to lay up short of water? I have. In a stableford.

11 Likes

No, you gotta go for it or at least find the bailout around the green

Extended forecast looks dry, and with Rustic playing firm and fast, you can expect to see me putting from the fairway at distances that might make @Tron blush.

9 Likes

Karma is ruined otherwise if you are having a good day. Don’t mess with a streak.

i remember we played skins afterwards and you made an awesome birdie chip in and also another skin on the same 9… against many low handicaps that day…

1 Like