Royal Rumble at New Kent - June 18 - Cap GC Qualifier

Greetings, everyone!

Our Virginia @NationalLinksTRoost qualifying event is starting to take shape—the Royal Rumble at New Kent.

We’ve got a block of tee times starting at 10am on Saturday, June 18.

If we have a lot of registrants, priority will be given to people who can’t make it to the DC or Baltimore qualifiers, but right now we’ve got 56 spots.

Hope you’re all having a great weekend!

So we are back to name NationallinksTroost?

No, still Capital GC. Refuge just defaults to the old tag for some reason.

2 Likes

Hell of a course selection, and would be good weekend to roll into something else in williamsburg area

1 Like

Date is set for June 18! Registration to follow this week.

Register here! Still waiting on pricing, but will probably be around $120 with any proceeds going to the First Tee of Richmond.

2 Likes

We’ve also got some merch in the works that I think many people will appreciate. It is glorious.

Stupid question as a new refuge member who hasn’t even joined the nest yet - what is this a qualifier for?

I’m based out of Richmond

1 Like

It’s a bit tough to explain, but essentially this is part of the Roost Club Championship, a team tournament hosted by NLU and held in Kansas City this fall. Our “Roost” is for VA, DC, and MD, and the tournaments we’re hosting—one on May 14th in DC, this one on June 18th at RNK, and one TBD up in Maryland—help us set the 4-person team that we’re sending to a regional qualifier in Atlantic City in late July and hopefully on to Kansas City after.

You don’t have to be a member of the Nest to play in this tournament or qualify for the championships, you just have to register and show up to play!

1 Like

Damn. Bad timing with my first wedding anniversary. Would have loved to hang with some Nest folks in RVA. Next time!

attempting to get someone to cover for me at the local minor league affiliate that night so I can pull this one off

2 Likes

Hey folks! Quick update—after talking with the course we went down to 8 locked in tee times for the event. We can potentially get some more if needed, but for now this gives us the most flexibility.

We also have an event logo inspired by Mr. Strantz himself:

We’ll be raising money for the First Tee of Richmond by selling a couple of merch items with this logo—just finalizing details to try and get some direct ordering/shipping for folks.

7 Likes

thats stranzy af for sure, well done there

1 Like

This is my most favorite logo ever. If only there was a way to shoehorn in a can of Budweiser :joy:

1 Like

@RobertHunter If you are open to having a little bit of a First Flight invasion, I can make sure to throw this out to our crew as well!

2 Likes

Absolutely! The more the merrier. If we get enough crossover maybe we can put in for an NIT spot or two, as well.

1 Like

Just signed up for this

2 Likes

First Flight will be represented multiple times…I’m in

2 Likes

@RobertHunter - Did you post this to the RVA thread and I missed it? And thank you for supporting FTGR.

1 Like

I did not, because I am dumb.