Richmond, Virginia (RVA)

Hey, welcome aboard. Have you joined the WhatsApp chat yet?

Heading down to Kingsmill for Memorial Day weekend from Richmond. Probably going to play one round of golf. Leader in the clubhouse is the River Course at Kingsmill. Also considered the Golden Horseshoe. Any other places I should consider? I’ve played all of the New Kent courses and am looking to play somewhere new.

2 Likes

I would say just play the River. On site, solid golf course. Don’t overthink it. Golden Horseshoe Gold is great, but I would just stay on site if it were me.

1 Like

Unless you have a way to get on Kinloch somehow, that would be worth the ride.

That’s what I was thinking too. Might can score the twilight rate for the River Course.

@country35 I’ve been lucky enough to play Kinloch a few times but I definitely agree it is worth the ride. My office is ~2 minutes from Kinloch and Hermitage.

3 Likes

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mrsCrmIp72sGQWEkv39G1ybgs8pkiMRNjEv23hPSxZY/edit

Richmond folks! We’ve got a Capital GC Roost tournament coming up at Royal New Kent on June 18. It’s a qualifier for our Roost Championship in late June/early July. Sign-ups are above, and it’ll be a partner tourney but you can sign up as a single and match up later! Let me know if you have any questions. Check out the event thread here.

1 Like

What’s up RVA folks! We’ve got a few open spots for the Royal Rumble, linked above. Let me know if you’re interested!!

Hey RVA folks, wanted to drop in here and say hello. I just moved to North Chesterfield from the Philly area. I was a proud member of the Electric Phactory roost but now find myself a free agent. Now that my wife and I have had a few weeks to settle in I’m getting out more and more and would love to play with some fellow Refugees, I’ve always enjoyed doing so with every one I’ve met. I joined Meadowbrook CC which I’ve liked a lot and would be happy to have folks out, in the afternoons I basically have run of the place to myself. Very much interested in participation in the geographically relevant roost as well, @RobertHunter would that be your purview?

3 Likes

Welcome to RVA! A bunch of great people to play with in the area. I think a lot of central VA folks end up joining the NC roost, let’s hope for redistricting!

2 Likes

Welcome!! I’ll get you added to the Roost, and check the welcome thread there for links to the WhatsApp/Discord (or just message me if those aren’t functional—they work for some folks and not others).

Welcome to RVA!

Someone here @SammyShaf or @Smidler can also link you to another VA WhatsApp thread.

I’m rejoining Lakeside Soon so would love to have you out.

And of course make sure to hit Belmont!!

And you are invited to the Ringer Putting Challenge on August 27. Scroll up a bit in this thread to see the info and sign up

Look forward to teeing it up

4 Likes

You are gonna wanna get in here.

3 Likes

Thanks @Smidler !!

1 Like

I’ll be in Richmond for a night Thursday, and on a mission to play all Strantz designs.

I have a spot open at 7AM this Friday 9/2 at Royal New Kent if anyone wants to join, shoot me a PM.

4 Likes

Do you know another Strantz course is just 25 mins down I-64 from RNK so you could double down!

Stonehouse

4 Likes

Yes! Unfortunately only have time for 1 round this trip and wanted to knock out RNK. Will definitely be checking out Stonehouse next time I am in the area.

We’re starting to plan 2023 festivities. #GetInvolved.

5 Likes

Pumped to get this thing rockin already!

2 Likes

i’ll hold off signing up as im far away but can def do this if need be

Whenever you sign up is fine, as long as it’s before you play your first match. I’m sure that some of us sickos would be down for a road trip. We wanted to set this up so an out-of-towner could play two quad matches and qualify for the finals. We figure the finals will be somewhere in the Richmond area in September.

3 Likes