Roost Roll Call

Welcome, Harry. The best place on the Refuge to meet others from DFW is here. Feel free to introduce yourself.

A thread for the Texas folks - Community Center - No Laying Up

If you want to meet the DFW folks and get a round in, the best place to start is to join our WhatsApp chat - there are spots open to join pretty much every week:

If you want to join our “Roost,” which we call “Big Plex,” fill out your information here:

Big Plex Roost/Local Chapter - Google Sheets

Most of our bigger events and season long competitions are already underway, but we are working to get some more events on the calendar. I would recommend trying to get involved by joining some casual rounds with us in the area, and then signing up when we have our next event(s). It may take a sec to get the lay of the land or sort through the inside jokes, but it’s a great group of people and you can easily find a round in Dallas with us, including at the courses you regularly play.

3 Likes

New people looking to #getinvolved?!

Come play Detroit with us next week, also UMGC of tourist sauce fame on Friday as well!

4 Likes

Ask and you shall receive… @SvenPaterson @auribe14 @Douger23

4 Likes

@papateeps :eyes:

10 Likes

I mean….same. Lol

2 Likes

Findlay is our farthest north and east but we have a decent amount of Toledo

2 Likes

Who the hell else is up here?! God people must not like me hahaha

2 Likes

I live in Houston, TX. Can you help me get connected with the local Roost?

2 Likes

Sarasota, Florida resident looking for a roost. Assuming it’s Splash of OJ?

2 Likes

Yessir, slide into the DM’s and I’ll get ya squared away

1 Like

@Jdonelson can get you set up with the Southern Texas Roost of Hospitality (STROH’s)

Thank you! @Jdonelson please let me know the next time ya’ll play. Im in the Houston area, would love to join!

1 Like

@TTaschner have we got a deal for you! Team Houston (captain @jsteve15 ) needs players this coming weekend for the second annual Texas Cup at Pine Dunes. Event thread is here = 2022 NLU Texas Cup (Frankston, TX): 2022, May 13-15 - Still at Pine Dunes - Signup Post #77 - #656 by clktex, has all the details.

Practice round friday, 36 holes saturday (fourballs and scotch foursomes), then singles matches Sunday AM. Rooms Fri and Sat, and breakfast + lunch Sat and Sun all included.

We’d love to have you join us.

Actually, to this whole thread, that’s an open invite. Ping @jsteve15 if you think you could come play!

2 Likes

I’m in the Ohio Against The World roost for now.

That’s awesome!! I am playing Pasatiempo for the first time this weekend out in CA. I already have everything booked so its too late for me to back out.

Please keep me posted on the next event / meet up. I really want to get involved in the local Roost. I’m also happy to host some folks at Champions soon.

1 Like

New to the nest. Wondering if there is a roost in the St. Louis, MO area.

4 Likes

Hell ya! @Jrembold is your guy!

2 Likes

Shoot me a DM and we’ll get you involved!

1 Like

Free agent in a Portland, OR! Would love to find a roost.

3 Likes