Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

Very much agree. I play almost all my golf in the north shore and since my in-laws have a place 15 minutes from Lawsonia, I’ve probably abused the twilight rate there a little too much this year.

LLB is fine, but it’s not worth the money they ask with so many better courses available for similar or less money.

3 Likes

LLB is a very suitable golf course when you have the Corporate AMEX in hand. Their price increases over the past 2 years have been too aggressive.

2 Likes

So, something I forgot to bring up sooner this year, before things got away from me.

Who might have some freedom to come to the north shore of Milwaukee either 10/8 or 10/9 to play some fall golf with me at my club.

First tags are to @DWise and @chrisisoutrunning since I’ve been threatening them with a good time for a couple years now, but, even if they can make it, we have 1 more spot.

Slide into the DMs or respond publicly, I don’t care.

2 Likes

Sounds fun, my friend, but that is the Schnartman Cup weekend at Blackhawk. Fingers crossed we both get good weather.

2 Likes

Do you mean 10/8 and 10/9? I play out of River Club of Mequon. Would be great to meet up with some folks.

1 Like

I’m assuming that’s 10/8 or 10/9.

I won’t be able to unfortunately. The joy of my wife working every third weekend. Maybe next year she’ll finally make the leap out of hospital nursing.

1 Like

Yes, it’s 10/8 and 10/9, this is what I get for trying to do too many things at once.

@DWise damn, hoped it would be late enough club events were over. See message below about end of October.

@trowe I’m at North Shore, so would love to have you out.

@chrisisoutrunning I understand. I was going to say the following weekend, but we are pulling the pier at my in-laws so I know I can’t get out of that. If the last weekend in October works, we can play it by ear with weather.

1 Like

Will Wojo be there?

2 Likes

If you don’t expect me to hit the ball all too well, then I would be available :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did he stick around? I used to see him and his family at the dog park all the damn time.

I’m also free that weekend, family out of town! WOOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

Nah, he moved to Utah… there was a “nice” puff piece about him in the Athletic last week.

1 Like

Factually incorrect puff piece because he wants back in the game after learning how to control his alcohol intake.

3 Likes

@PTM you in to make the trip north?

@TTrentC you’re in. Zero expectations of quality of play.

@mikedabomb spot is yours.

3 Likes

I put nice in quotes…

2 Likes

I’ve got my league banquet on the 8th and a hangover scheduled on the 9th. I’m out.

3 Likes

Boo you whore! Have a few for me!

2 Likes

I know. I will.

League banquet is just too hard to skip, so many old guys with an open beverage cart. Usually get a couple fights afterwards.

2 Likes

Fuck golf at my club, I’m coming to watch (and gamble on) old guy fights!

1 Like

A guy got his hair plugs partially pulled out last year.

2 Likes

Yep, the whole thing is off, we are going to see this instead.

4 Likes