Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

Bumping last time before getting everything locked in for EH - come out and join a group of refugees playing my favorite WI course!

4 Likes

Cc @BadBrad

4 Likes

Per tradition upon my first outside round of the year, my winter ski beard dies so my spring golf mustache can live! Hope everyone got out the last couple days. Iā€™ll be hacking it around Brown Deer this afternoon and couldnā€™t be any happier.

Or as my wife said this morning, so this happening again huh?

17 Likes

If any of you sickos want to fight some potential rain and cold I have two spots open at Nakoma Sunday at 10:30

Went to Brown Deer driving range this morning and ran into DJ Pie. I had no idea he lived in Milwaukee. Of course I shook his hand and said huge fan of the pod. I then viewed that chance encounter as reason to get on the message boards. Iā€™m just north of Milwaukee in Fox Point. Anyone looking to play golf in that area let me know! I do have two little humans so love those predawn tee times. Also I see thereā€™s been some lively LLB debate going on so Iā€™ll wade into the waters. Huge fan. Worth the $100. Land movement trumps conditioning (within reason).

17 Likes

Welcome! Iā€™m in Mequon and blowing off work this afternoon to hit BD. Howā€™s it looking? Did the bunkers on 7 drain or are they still 2 green side ponds. If anyone sees an old dude with gray hair, a suspect looking mustache blasting Taylor Swift

7 Likes

@PTM theres more people with glorious mustaches around!

3 Likes

Sunrise looked a little different this morning. 4 rounds of golf over the next 3 days. Life = good

11 Likes

My friends are assholes but I love them for doing shit like this:

image (4)

15 Likes

At least it wasnā€™t that one scene in his office.

10 Likes

Theyā€™re not that tech savvy and Iā€™m sure one of them tried.

1 Like

I believe you just summed up the entire debate.

I too really like the course, and living 10 minutes from the course I had high hopes when they reopened. It was immediately clear the ā€˜local guy down the streetā€™ was not their target market. Silver lining was that it led me to research private club fees and I ended up joining WCC, which might be the best value around.

12 Likes

I think we would all agree llb would be OK at $100. The issue is that itā€™s $165.

3 Likes

Nice! Iā€™m at the mequon colectivo this morning. Huge T Swift fan as well. I only had an hour so just messed around on the range. I havenā€™t been on the course yet this year so Iā€™ll look for a condition report from you. I play it weekly during the summer. Looks like theyā€™re continuing to clear crap out, which is great. There was a bunch of brush cut out and piled up to the right of 18 fairway.

Those LLB rates have gone up since I saw them last. $165 is brutal. From what Iā€™ve seen they donā€™t really make much room for affordable tee times either eg twilight. I met the LLB GM on Anna Maria island this spring. He had a LLB hat and t shirt on and I saw him at the local coffee shop. I was like, love that course! He was like, yeah Iā€™m the general manager there. I shouldā€™ve asked him to offer twilight tee times.

My favorite wi course is wcgc. Canā€™t beat 3pm twilight for $26 or whatever it is. Awesome layout and great condition. Wcgc at 26 so. much. better. than LLB at 165.

5 Likes

Oh shit, I am regularly there on Friday mornings after I drop my kid off at school. Iā€™m not today because of the tee time.

Anyone here call the Sheboygan area home?

What time? We can have a regular friday meeting up there!

3 Likes

At the Colectivo? Iā€™m usually there form about 8-11ish.

2 Likes

Snowing here. Cool man.

3 Likes

Trying to talk my wife into staying in AZ for a couple extra days to avoid it. So far, itā€™s been very unsuccessful.