Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

The restaurant at the brewhouse inn and suites is solid nothing fancy but solid bar food good atmosphere my wife and I stay there a lot. The MKE ale house right there has a good menu but not sure if they are still open or not but those are both walking distance from Fiserv. I’ve heard good things about the Mecca as well haven’t been yet though

1 Like

Side note - Explorium Brewpub is the woooorst.

1 Like

This place has been good for the wife and I before Bucks games or concerts. If you are looking fancier - Mo’s, Carnevor, or Mason Street Grille

But… may I suggest Real Chili - go straight Milwaukee experience

5 Likes

This is Pilot Project now. Awesome food, but wait time for food was unacceptable.

2 Likes

MKE is no more. Actually, early September of last year was the end.

2 Likes

Explorium can eat my entire fat ass.

3 Likes

Good to know went there a few times before bucks games and always got ya in and out even when it was packed! Don’t wanna miss Gianni’s dunking on people! If you love a dive bar with a million tv’s Major Goolsby was an epic time for my bachelor party!

1 Like

I pulled a full shame me once, shame me twice on Sunday with the family. Never again.

5 Likes

Never once have I had a pleasant experience there.

Lets-do-it GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

First, Odd Duck and Onesto are delicious but might take a little longer which might not be concert friendly. I would also add Morel to this list. Here are the casual places that my wife and I love downtown:

1. Buckley’s Restaurant and Bar - decently close to Fiserv and excellent food

2. La Masa - empanada bar on Brady St. My MIL is first generation Colombian and she orders from here for every family function, so you know this shit is legit.

3. Easy Tiger - fast asian joint on Brady St as well. My wife loves the pork buns here and we generally end up here when we’re having a night out without the kid (and we’ve also dragged the kid there).

4. The Diplomat - also on Brady, I think won a James Beard award, haven’t been (not for lack of trying), but supposed to be excellent.

5. Calderone Club - I very much like the pizza here and solid Italian, closest to the Fiserv and could easily walk there.

5 Likes

Wife: Let’s just go to Oscar’s.
PTM: Nah, you’ve all been there. Let’s go to Explorium, it’s like a ten minute walk (MSO). Kids will get a little energy out.

Explorium: We are at capacity because of the Packers game.
Table I sat in a month prior was empty, along with four other larger tables

PTM: We’re going to Oscar’s.

3 Likes

But the kids got the energy out…

I yelled at the Oldest Hitter under 794 as she slipped trying to jump over cracks after the Explorium issue. My yell echoed so loud, I felt terrible about it.

1 Like

Explorium is such trash.

I would also add Eagle Park Brewery, Hamilton Street location, has decent quick food and excellent beer.

4 Likes

On this topic, we should probably find a time to meet @TeddyPargame and @PTM at Eagle Park in Muskego since it’s semi central for us all

3 Likes

For Fiserv bar food, Who’s on Third is our go to.

1 Like

I was just out there a couple weekends ago. They did a great job with that spot. Also, and I’m not trying to start a whole wing thing, but I love the wings at EP. Ever since I had to stop going to Points East for…reasons, EP has really filled the wing void in my life.

3 Likes

Love the wings at EP!

2 Likes

Because you can’t bring your kids in, legally?

2 Likes

I used to really vouch for Hi Hat Garage’s wings, but I have not been back and several years and now I have no strong opinions

1 Like