Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

SPCC was my home course in High School. Truly a gem and I miss it.

why does everything and everyone in this photo look photoshopped?

Probably just low quality Google review pic but it definitely does look like it haha

Played Blackhawk in Madison yesterday, just a beaut of a day.

Course is the country club version of The Mines in Grand Rapids. Would play again.

10 Likes

That comparison makes me very intriguedā€¦

1 Like

As a recent member, I can say I am extremely pleased with my decision to join.

1 Like

Fellow Sconnies, best place to play between LaCrosse and Sand Valley? Headed to SV next week and hoping to put a foursome somewhere awesome on Thursday the 22nd

Take this with a super big grain of salt but Hiawatha Golf Club outside of Tomah is decent. Played it a few years back when I didnā€™t carry a handicap and didnā€™t have a clue what I was doing. Would like to go back one of these days, just to see what I can do now.

Strapped vibes with a rack rate of $32 for walking 18.

1 Like

Not a whole lot out there to my knowledge. La Crosse Country Club is pretty cool. If you want to take a bit of a detour, Wild Rock in WI Dells is good. Otherwise Northern Bay is a template course closer to SV but thatā€™s overrated IMO.

1 Like

Your route to SV will take you across on I-90, so options arenā€™t great and you wonā€™t go through Wisconsin Dells opening up Wild Rock. With that said:

Iā€™d suggest the following in order;

• Cedar Creek (in Onalaska but will need your pro to get you on)
  • Forest Hills (in La Crosse played directly beneath the bluffs)
  • River Run (in Sparta - the golf course I grew up on)
  • Hiawatha (in Tomah - placed beneath Sparta because they were high school rivals)
3 Likes

My man. Washington County GC blew me away, at $27 for the (3pm) twilight rate I canā€™t imagine a better course for the price. Interesting land movement, pure greens, just delightful!

5 Likes

Iā€™ll add on to what @DWise said and second the recommendation for LaCrosse CC. Itā€™s always fun to play, setting is nice, and plenty of elevation changes.

Cedar Creek is also a fun place to play a round.

Stevens Point CC is also a ~45 minute drive from SV and is a lovely place to spend a day.

Any of these will require a call from your pro, but that shouldnā€™t be much of an issue.

Yeah itā€™s a really nice track for an amazing value.

1 Like

Cough cough, Strapped: Wisconsin, cough cough

9 Likes

If you prefer 9 holes and bowling Coulee Golf Bowl has got you covered in Onalaska.

4 Likes

What about Cedar Valley? Greens will probably be rolling pretty good and Iā€™ve been told that chugging a beer on the patio is a good time

2 Likes

I was just thinking between LaCrosse and Sand Valley. I got plenty of suggestions for the west side of the river!

Cedar Valley is rolling pretty nice this season but have only played the Monster once, in late spring.

2 Likes

Hey WI Refugees, Iā€™ll be in WI in a couple of weeks and was curious if anyone has played Chaska Golf Course up by Neenah. It has a sentimental value to me as itā€™s where my dad grew up but I have never played it (stopped by it once) and curious if itā€™s worth checking out. Iā€™m playing other courses around the state as well but wondering if itā€™s worth adding on. If itā€™s a passable course today then Iā€™ll book a tee time. Truly donā€™t know anything about it though.

1 Like

Truly asking for a friend here

A good friendā€™s bachelor party is centered around going to a road NFL game (Pats @ Packers).

Unfortunately I am unable to attend. Sigh.

However, I was hoping to get some local course recommendations for their trip out that I could pass along and maybe contribute positively to their enjoyment.

They have a rental in Plymouthā€¦ are there any hidden gems or really fun ones to play locally there??

Where the Hell Is Neenah?

3 Likes