Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

Need three more bodies for 10/22 at Shepherd’s Crook, basically straddles the border. Come on down!

2 Likes

Sconnie friends - I am volunteering at the Mid-Am Mon-Wednesday next week and am wondering if it’s worth it to bring my clubs? Are there decent courses in the area that might have some late afternoon availability? Any recommendations? I’m staying in an AirBnB around Lake Friess in case anyone wants to meet up for a round/drinks!

You’re pretty close to Washington County Golf Course, which is an excellent muni track.

2 Likes

I believe @chrisisoutrunning , @blakehall and myself talked about meeting up Monday afternoon, not sure what that will all entail but you’re welcome to join! I have dinner plans that night but will undoubtedly be looking to grab a beer on the course or somewhere local after my 6am-12pm shift that day.

1 Like

Good to know, would love to meet up and grab a few cold beers! I grabbed a single spot at Washington County GC @ 3pm Monday so if anyone wants to jump in definitely feel free.

I have a league match at 4:30 back in Green Bay on Monday, but I’m scheduled to be done at 1-ish. So I should be able to hang out for a beer, but I’ll have to bail fairly quickly.

I’m done at noon on Monday and would love to grab a beer and watch some insurance salesmen play golf for a bit.

That half joke aside, those guys are extremely good. I saw some truly aspirational ball compression from guys that have a decade plus on me.

1 Like

And meet my dumb ass, don’t forget that important detail.

2 Likes

Does anyone know the bags Sand Valley uses when they switch out your bag for the caddies to carry?

I’m not talking the Seamus bags on Sandbox.

Hey all,

The Chicago guys are having a scramble out at Highland Woods in Hoffman Estates on 9/24. Tee time block starting at 11am. $75 gets you a range bucket, sleeve of balls, golf/cart, lunch, and a beer. The course is off I-90 so pretty convenient for anyone coming from WI. No gambling or anything, just a purely social round. Linking the signup below if anyone’s interested!

Thanks,
Ethan

4 Likes

Fun little morning…

12 Likes

Titleist stand bags.

Hello all, @chefcycle and I will be at Sand Valley on 9/22 and are looking to play somewhere on our way back to MN on Friday 9/23.

Any recs for us in the central/west Wisconsin area? I know we’re considering Lake Arrowhead but other options would be welcome!

Thanks!

1 Like

If you can get on, try Stevens Point CC… Shouldn’t be too difficult, consult their website…

• Wild Ridge in Eau Claire is great!
  • Wild Rock down in Dells is a Fantastic track designed by the same guys as Erin Hills.
  • Troy Burne in Hudson, WI I hear is pretty nice (TC played it in ACCA)
  • Lake Arrowhead courses are solid tracks. Nothing too special but should be fun.
  • I really enjoyed Two Oaks North in Waupaca but that might be too out of the way.
  • Neillsville CC has a fun 9-hole track with some tough greens
  • Bullseye Golf Club in Wisconsin Rapids is a tough parkland course.
  • A lot of SV caddies play at Ridges GC in Rapids but I personally don’t like it. YMMV
  • I played Wisconsin River GC a few times and always had fun.
  • There’s always Sentryworld but not worth it for the price, IMO but it’s there and is fairly high on the rankings.

Out of all of these, I’d put Stevens Point CC, Wild Rock and Wild Ridge as top 3, in no particular order. Hope this helps and that ya’ll have a blast!

4 Likes

Now trying to decide if I need to add another day to the trip to hit several of these haha. Thank you!

3 Likes

Looking through Stevens point ccs website it looks absolutely sweet.

But I came across this gem of a photo in the google reviews. There has to be a great bachelor party story about the grooms black eye :joy:

8 Likes

Sometimes the joke writes itself.

1 Like

My gosh, black eye, no jacket, all-white skate shoes with the fat laces… what a backstory there must be

2 Likes

+1 for Stevens Point CC

3 Likes

+2 for SPCC

1 Like