Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

I’m out. Last weekend in chi before the move

I’m still down. Y’all know this place way better than I do so any morning tee time and I’ll be there.

1 Like

I’m going to have to bow out, embarrassment of riches. I’ve got too much golf that week with work stuff.

Boooooo!

It looks like we have our pick of tee times for Sunday. Any preferences?

1 Like

I know, but as you read I’ve got position coming up.

The additional golf is great, but it also comes with things like a Ducks Unlimited dinner tonight that I could not care less about.

1 Like

I was just looking to put a face to the “PTM” name…

1 Like

I’ve got a bit of a drive so maybe towards 8-8:30

1 Like

Im good with that 8:30ish time frame too. Early but not too early.

1 Like

Good deal. You guys wanna loop or just 9?

1 Like

I’ve seen Glacier Wood in Iola mentioned a couple times, friends have recommended it, finally got there this week. All I could think about was how the Strapped boys would be floored by it if they happened to get there. Living in the middle of WI I have played plenty of “middle of nowhere” golf but that beauty being tucked away in Iola is criminal. Best $35 I’ve spent in a long time. I likened it to the Black Otter Supper Club in Hortonville. You have to make a point to go there since it is a bit out of the way, but it is well worth the effort.

4 Likes

Great track, except for that goddamn par-5 15th, one of the worst holes I’ve ever played. But def great for the price.

1 Like

A similar “middle of nowhere” course that’s surprisingly good is Two Oaks in Wautoma

Certainly a lot better than another course with Oaks in its name :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Alright, I’ve got my Mid Am volunteer shifts. Who else will be there?

I’m on the “Tee Services” committee currently scheduled on the mornings of Thursday the 8th, Monday the 12th, and Thursday the 15th.

I’m hoping to move one of those so I don’t have to leave my house at 5:00 three days out of eight.

3 Likes

Played Erin 2 weeks ago with my dad and brother and am still reeling from the experience. Stunted on my caddie Grace when she said #9 was the shortest Par 5 in Wisconsin then I birdied it.

4 Likes

Grace is a fantastic caddie. Double bagged and hustled on a stifling day. She pushed me to hit shots I didn’t see. Great round at EH that day.

2 Likes

She was awesome, from first meet on the range till we wrapped. Got chippy with us as the day went on. I’ll admit to not believe her on a couple reads and it cost me, but I sided with myself on a few I felt really good about. Huge win for her on 4, she talked me down from a 5 to a 6 after I just had to hit 5 in from the same number on 3, she stood behind it and told me long was dead, I left it hole high with the 6, cal tip to Grace there. I played 18 form the tips (she wasn’t a fan) and got it to 320 out (10-15 downwind). Mashed a 3 wood left of the approach bunker and just left my wedge short into the front bunker with that US Open Sunday pin. She was walking away after giving me crap for leaving the wedge short since I told her I couldn’t bail right towards the clubhouse and sleep at night. I hit a perfect wedge shot and dropped it in for birdie. I tried to rake since she was helping her other guy find his ball. Swiftly moves back and takes the rake from me. “ I can’t let you rake the f’in bunker after that!”. We were howling, mins later my dad makes a 15 footer for birdie.

A day and a specific moment Ill never forget.

2 Likes

I am Sunday-Tuesday 6am-12pm in Operations. Re-reading the website, I think I’m filling in the gaps of whatever needs to be done. Sounds like beers are in order for us on Monday afternoon?

2 Likes

Marshalls/Forecaddies
Saturday, September 10, 2022 - (12:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
Sunday, September 11, 2022 - (7:45 AM to 12:45 PM)

Operations
Sunday, September 11, 2022 - (12:00 PM to 6:00 PM)

Marshalls/Forecaddies
Saturday, September 10, 2022 - Hole 14 Shift 1 (7:45 AM to 12:45 PM)
Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - Hole 13 (9:20 AM to 12:35 AM)
Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - Quarter-Finals Match 3 (7:30 AM to 11:30 AM)

This will be my first volunteering gig at an event so really looking forward to it!

I was thinking just 9

1 Like