Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

Howdy Cam, I am also in Tosa and am up for a round pretty much whenever.

1 Like

Welcome cam!

Guys Iā€™m playing labelle today.

I actually used to be a member before it was sold and all the renovations happened but first time with the new set up. Anything specific I should look out for? Iā€™m a bogey golfer if that makes any difference

1 Like

What uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup. Iā€™m in the Northshore and play a lot at Brown Deerā€¦

1 Like

welcome cam. i straddle wisco and chicago and will be a full-time resident of walworth county (lake geneva area) in the fall.

2 Likes

Sweet! Do you happen to be part of the menā€™s club there? Played Brown Deer earlier this season and had a couple guys recommend it during the round.

I am not. Iā€™ve played with and around those guys a couple times and it seems like a solid group, just not my scene. I have a regular group I play with on weekends and adding another semi-regular game isnā€™t something I have the juice for at homeā€¦

1 Like

Perfect, we should grab a round soon. You have a list of favorite courses in the area?

Ya, makes sense. Well if you ever need a 4th for Brown Deer let me know!

Hey Camden,

I live on Delavan Lake and commute to Menomonee Falls every day so I play all over. Have lucked out to play Eagle Springs, Erin Hills, Abbey Springs, Lake Lawn, and Delbrook in the last week as a last hurrah before I move. I also manage the Wisconsin Golf Blog (Instagram/Website) so check that out if you need any local recommendations or a quick twilight round. Iā€™m actually moving down to Georgia next week since my girlfriend got a new job down there for a two year training program. Will be transitioning from Second City Golf Club to The Peachtree Collective but will be back to visit!

2 Likes

Weā€™ll start preparing for your FIB purge.

2 Likes

Over my head.

@fourleafgrover i follow your IG.

I need to find the best place to get a league in that area. I talked to AS last week and I fear theyā€™re all seasonal folks. I need the local leagues!

Delbrook is a blast man, I play league with my dad every Wednesday night. Country Club Estates has one Thursday that is decent and Lake Lawn has one on Monday night. Iā€™d recommend coming to Delavan for a league since there are more full-time residents over there. Hawkā€™s View might have some too but I havenā€™t played in any of them

2 Likes

While this thread is popping off, looking for a recommendation of best Milwaukee city course to play for some very amateur golfers (30+ hdcp)? Going to be visiting with my Dad and Brother + BIL and the latter two donā€™t play more than 3-ish rounds a year and donā€™t want them getting beat up too badly

Iā€™d say Currie? But Iā€™m sure others are much more familiar with them than I. Probably stay away from Brown Deer

2 Likes

I think Currie in Tosa is a very fair muni course that is extremely straightforward for the most part.

2 Likes

Looked it up and that should work perfectly, thanks!

Whatā€™s the time for the Delbrook league

Tee off between 4-5:15, whenever you get there thatā€™s when your group would go out. No tee times

Probably out but could maybe be a last minute sub if i actually get house stuff done

Definitely Currie.

1 Like