Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

One step closer. Next step is the Board of Park Commissioners. (Honestly not sure how many approvals this needs.)

2 Likes

I think if the Board of Park Commissioners approves it goes to the City Council for final approval. That is currently slated for 3/16 if the parks group approves tomorrow. Feels like its moving fairly quickly for a city project and with most of the snow melted hoping they can get things moving soon thereafter.

1 Like

Mid-August!? I know that the golf course is merely a side gig for Sentry, but holy shit.

1 Like

Weirdest side gig ever. Build a course in hopes of getting USGA events, donā€™t let anyone play it.

end sarcasm

1 Like

As the snow melts and the dawn of a new golf season approaches, can we talk about some of the worst courses in Wisconsin? Places you only golf because itā€™s nearby and because crap golf is better than no golf. Could be fun to make a bracket, with the NCAA Madness starting up soon

In full transparency, I am a new-ish transplant to this land of the North and it would be helpful to know backups options in case option A or B arenā€™t available b/c even if theyre not good, itā€™s still golf

A bracket could be funā€¦

But, spoiler alert: hereā€™s the winner:

8 Likes

Alright, non-The Oaks division, what are the worst courses in Wisconsin?

We can bracket this if we want.

Itā€™s been awhile, but I played Blackstone Creek in college. Didnā€™t know anything about golf, but that place sucked.

Avalon Woods - Seems like a great place with nice people, but the greens are just destroyed with pitch marks. It seems like not repairing marks is encouraged out there.

Iā€™d nominate the back 9 at the Ridges golf course in WI Rapids. The front 9 is fine, but at least half of the holes on the back could be candidates for the worst holes thread.

2 Likes

Looks like the Oaks is opening on Saturday guis!

its_happening.gif

1 Like

I could second this nomination, 10 and 13 are just dreadfulā€¦ Iā€™d put up Marshfield CC on the bracket, although Iā€™d be surprised to see others who have experienced this wet marshland with 18 ā€œgreensā€

1 Like

Sounds like The Bridges

1 Like

Door Creek in Cottage Grove is opening tomorrow! Thoughts and prayers to the supers

Whenever weā€™d have a 9 holer at the ridges for high school youā€™d spend the whole sprinter ride just begging your deity of choice that itā€™d be on the front nine.

1 Like

Confirmation email spring valley is open for waking!

2 Likes

Anyone here have thoughts on Kohler in early May? Have a spare weekend and thinking of taking advantage of early season rates, but concerned a bit about weather and possible restrictions on Whistling, though itā€™s probably too early for mats.

Played Whistling the first week of May last year - no mats were used (and I doubt they would worry too much that early in the season for Ryder Cup). No restaurants were open and no driving range, so it was putting green straight to the first tee.

This was very early COVID precautions, so some of it may have changed. Playing conditions were great and caught a great day.

1 Like

Some southeast courses opening up!!

2 Likes

F*ck the Oaks. But a close second, in my opinion, is the Fairways of Woodside. Quite the dog track.

1 Like

They left off eagle springs! Disrespectful AF!

1 Like