Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

Idk what this is, but it gets a like for becoming my post-mow YouTube entertainment tonight.

4 Likes

Much better quality production than I expected. Iā€™m looking forward to watching the rest of their videos.

3 Likes

Had some guys last minute drop a trip due to biz deals and graduations. If anyone wants to join for a round or 2 feel free to reach out or call and add yourself to tee times. I plan on dropping 3 of our guys on Thursday so it should be open then. I understand single rounds can be pricey but thought Id shoot my shot.

June 10 - Erin Hills 11am and 11:10am
June 11 - Irish 10:50am and 11am
June 12 - Straits 9:20am and 9:30am
June 13 - Blackwolf Run 9:30am and 9:40am. Baths 3:48pm and 4pm
June 14 - Meadow Valleys 7:40am and 7:50am

I was able to play a small part in this project and get some facetime in the Erin Hills ep.

Kyle and Jeff produced this on behalf of the WSGA for marketing purposes and I think they did an awesome job.

5 Likes

Bad news Lac La Belle stans, Iā€™m jumping ship after I just learned this yearā€™s absolute horseshit twilight offering. 9 holes only, after 4:00, with a cartā€¦$85 (!!!), wait sorry, forgot to add theyā€™re not calling it twilight.

9 Likes

2 Likes

Iā€™m very very VERY tempted to go tonight and see if they try and stop me at the turn.

1 Like

Live look at me driving by in 20 minutes

3 Likes

iā€™ll throw this out there ā€“

GN members can bring guests at 3 p.m. or later for just the cart fee. $30.

would be happy to bring a group whenever!

16 Likes

I will be taking you op on this.

3 Likes

Also interested in stopping on future trips up to the fam farmhouse.

1 Like

Dropping a cross post here if anyone in the area has eyes on a Lido time in August. 2 nights lodging and tee times on all courses at Sand Valley all lined up for an interested party to join. DM me if you have interest and want more details.

1 Like

I heard a LLB ad on the radio this morning and now I think the universe is targeting me.

If you guys had to recommend to a passerby, Lawsonia Links twice or Links once and Woodlands once?

Stevens Point is booked both days I could play so now Iā€™m debating this instead.

Edit: came up with an alternate plan but still open to hear if you have passionate opinions lol

Hello to all. Figured Id get myself out in the open field in here. Wauwatosa born and raised then went down to STL for school +2 years hence the Confluence Golf Club tag. I just moved back to Milwaukee 2 months ago. Excited to be back and playing the courses I grew up on. Looking forward to meeting and playing with you guys.

14 Likes

You canā€™t really make a bad choice. Iā€™d probably lean slightly toward Links twice since youā€™ve never been there.

2 Likes

2 summers ago we did Links - Woodlands and the unanimous consensus after is we should have looped Links twice.

2 Likes

Think it depends on the makeup of your group. If they all care about course architecture, play Links twice. But I went with some friends who donā€™t understand that and they preferred Woodlands because it was more familiar to them.

Ultimately, if I had four rounds Iā€™d do 3/1 Links/Woodlands. But if it was a one time trip and never coming back? Loop Links twice.

6 Likes

@ahrensgody @d_wrek @mikedabomb appreciate the input, thatā€™s what I thought too. Itā€™s just me & Iā€™m very much into golf architecture so thatā€™s what I expected.

I might go play Wild Rock in the Dells just to add another course. Might do Links twice, but I figure Iā€™ll be back somedayā€¦

2 Likes

Wild Rock is sweet, Iā€™d definitely do that too. I was impressed when I played it last year

3 Likes