Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

Agree.

I haven’t played Brown Deer.

Washington County, Bog, Naga and Hawks View.

2 Likes

Pencil something in for June when conditions and weather are primo. With a Real Chili side bet.

4 Likes

2 Likes

This got me thinking, how have I never seen racing sausage headcovers before? Has anyone? Seems like a no brainer.

7 Likes

Hello Friends!!!

Anyone looking for a game on Sunday should stop over at Eagle Springs for some fun and hopefully an ace?

3 Likes

I’ve got a complicated history with this place.

8 Likes

Happy Monday Everyone!

Seems like we have a lot of new faces here since we did the last roost interest outreach. I thought I would recirculate the interest spreadsheet again. If you’re new, we’re working on brining a Wisconsin Roost live for Summer 2024. Please fill out of the spreadsheet so we can continue to see what kind of geographic footprint we have as we start to plan out event logistics for next summer.

If you already filled out the spreadsheet I need you to go back in and include your refuge handle and if you are a nest member or not. 20 NEST members is a requirement. Should have asked the first time around, so that’s on me. Also feel free to flip me a DM here if that’s easier and I’ll make the addition for you.

Lastly, things are moving toward a formal roost application quickly. I’ve spoke to a couple folks here that I know already about name, events, logo, format, what does ‘press’ mean, but I would love to get some more input from a few more people. Somewhat of an information steering committee if you will. Looking for maybe 5ish volunteers that plan on actively participating in the roost next summer to bounce ideas off of, have you weigh in on what I have so far. I would love to hear from some people not from the Milwaukee metro area. Specifically, some Madison and Green Bay-ish voices would be helpful. I am extremely leery of unilaterally make decisions as we get this off the ground (this is not my personal vanity project), but at the same time I don’t want to herd 50 different opinions either (I don’t have time for that).

7 Likes

Parks and Recreation | GIFGlobe

7 Likes

I’m happy to help, and provide some NE-Wisconsin representation.

4 Likes

Can count me as willing to be a steering committee member or someone to bounce ideas off of!

2 Likes

How are the courses looking up there right now? I will be back in the motherland next Sat-Wed and will be getting at least one round in. If the conditions are suspect I’ll probably just hit up Pleasant View or U Ridge but if the courses have come out of winter nicely I’d love to get over to Erin Hills or up to Sand Valley for a day, but don’t really care to pay those prices if the turf quality is shit.

Thanks!

1 Like

I can’t speak to that area, but my local course (just south of Green Bay) is in remarkable shape. Especially considering we had snow on the ground a week ago.

Eagle Springs was in pretty good shape yesterday too, for this early in the season.

I’d imagine the places with bigger budgets are doing even better, but I’m just extrapolating.

4 Likes

I’ve played Ozaukee Country Club and Brown Deer so far this season and conditions we’re totally fine.

2 Likes

I’ve only played nakoma in the Madison area but it’s looking great

3 Likes

Thank you for the intel, and unthank you for dredging up a deeply repressed memory of hanging a 90-something up at Nakoma in HS golf. Pain.

Going to try and convince the wife to drive up to SV and play the namesake as she’s already played Mammoth. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Happy to have you out for a revenge game if you stop in Madison

2 Likes

I’m with you, Madison area is looking prime!

1 Like

Madison’s own Sports Talk Radio personality repping the brand. He has a NLU tee shirt on also. Ben, you in the Refuge?

8 Likes

happens to the best of us… was me last weekend @ Nakoma. it’ll get ya.

2 Likes

Just saw this, thanks for setting this up. After I signed up your Nest count is at 18 btw

1 Like