Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

Brat Stop before Mars.

6 Likes

The price gouging there is unacceptable and that place should not exist.

3 Likes

100% agree, but had to stir the pot.

Love the Brat Stop rec.

1 Like

The Mars restaurant isn’t bad quality or pricing. The rest of the place is a trap.

If you’re eating at the Brat Stop, cease and desist immediately.

If you want to eat around this area, but remain 94 adjacent, Rivals is the preferred option.

2 Likes

One of the Chicago networks did a New Glarius/Cow shop and price compare a couple years ago for the area and Mars was by far the highest.

1 Like

I figured this thread might be a great spot to share my experience from the World’s largest Culver’s back in 2018.

8 Likes

Never stopped but will next trip to the family, Mars must know they are under threat (stamp says Sept '19):

2 Likes

I have been many times. Anyone who grew up in the Burlington/Elkhorn/Lake Geneva triangle and went to school in Madison had it right on the route back to school.

For the “world’s largest” it’s truly a remarkable disappointment. You’d think they’d have made a 2 story Culver’s by now.

5 Likes

World’s slightly larger than most Culver’s

7 Likes

Really a massive disappointment. Feels maybe slightly above average. Not that there is anything wrong with average. And always satisfying nevertheless.

2 Likes

I know that drive very well. Lived in Waterford, but went to high school in Burlington so we would go that way any time we went to Madison for sports.

I think you are looking at this wrong. With possibly 15-20% more space/customer’s they are still able to turn out a product that meets the standards of the regular runt sized Culver’s. I call that impressive!

Woah there. Let’s not go size shaming now.

Wisconsin family, I have an 8-man golf trip hitting the Milwaukee area in July. Out of the following courses, how would you rank them? I think we’ll need to drop one or two. Appreciate any and all opinions.

Erin Hills (booked)
Lawsonia (booked at both 18’s)
Brown Deer Park
Washington County
Hawk’s View
Naga-Waukee

Never played Nagawaukee so no strong opinion there.

But Hawks View just doesn’t really even fit the rest of your geography and it’s nothing special. Certainly not something I’d go out of my way for.

Brown Deer is genuinely special in my opinion.

Others hold that opinion for Washington County, which I personally just think is fine.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with any of them, but I would go:
Washington County
Naga-waukee
Brown Deer
Hawks

Brown Deer is a great value for county card holders, but overpriced for the general public in my opinion.

4 Likes

I’d drop any of the bottom 4 in favor of Lac La Belle. I’d rank the bottom 4 thusly: 1. Brown Deer, T2. Hawk’s View (lame range though). T2. Washington County 4. Nags.

4 Likes

For a golf trip like that I think The Bog is fun and would definitely rank it above Hawk’s View/Naga-Waukee/Wash County. Good course for matchplay, nice range.

5 Likes

All this talk about “value” and “better options” ignores that Brown Deer is living golf history. And yes Tiger had an ace on 14.

1 Like

I got a 350 tee time so may see you finishing up

1 Like