Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

• Some people take golf too seriously
  • Some people are misogynistic
  • Net events leave people feeling all sorts of ways about the handicap system
7 Likes

:eyes:

9 Likes

From my understanding you only get the discounted rate if youā€™re staying on property.

I am not. The round will cost us 800 before caddies. That will be sufficient.

2 Likes

What @blakehall said. But it was mostly 1 or 2 people who were loud and proud about all 3 of those bullet points all at the same time.

2 Likes

this was exquisite. thank you.

1 Like

What now?

I kid, I kid.

1 Like

I get this one though.
I especially feel bad at times playing off 7.9 when I have the ability to shoot 75 or better at times.

Most of my rounds are on push up greens, super tight fairways, and shitty lies, but when I get out at a sand valley, or whistling straits, breaking 80 is an expectation. Also playing a little more serious instead of just going for everything.

I was that guy at the member guest shooting 77 from ~6800 yards and getting called a sand bagging son of a bitchā€¦felt super guilty even though I did nothing wrong

Lol.

Iā€™m a 7.2 and you sound like youā€™re way better than me.

2 Likes

Admittedly Iā€™ve done a ton of practice without playing many rounds. Shot 77 Friday tipped out at the bull. My putting and short game is not in the same stratosphere as my off the tee or iron play.

Swing the driver around 120 and am very accurate with it. Hit 10/12 fairways with driver/3 wood. Wedge game is admittedly weak, but Iā€™ve been working on it.

I also once shot 54 in league playoffs at quit qui oc in Elkhart. That was 9 holesā€¦.

I hit a 270 yard drive at an XGolf today during my lunch break when I ran in for a half hour in the middle of running errands and itā€™s the highlight of my season so far.

8 Likes

thatā€™s one hell of an 8i

7 Likes

Lac La Belle

ducks

7 Likes

Shepardā€™s Crook is the easy, no brainer here.

Finish at EH around noon. Grab some Culvers at one of the many location youā€™ll pass and tee off at Shepardā€™s Crook around 2-2:30pm. Itā€™s splitting your drive in half and convientely located off of 94. Itā€™s a great course to play after getting roughed up by Erin Hills.

10 Likes

Easy walk, forgiving, great patio to hang.

3 Likes

Fellow Madison nest membersā€¦ weather is looking great on Friday. Many of us may be staring at our phones to see if we won the Erin Hills lottery. What better way to distract ourselves than a quick 9 at The Glen. Iā€™m currently holding down the 2:10 tee time and would love to find some company. In the spirit of our hopefully soon to exist Roost fun will be the name of the game. Although Iā€™m not opposed to a small skins pool (gross obviously, see: Abandoned Dunes).

Also, The Glenā€¦ not a strong restroom situation. Would not recommend.

3 Likes

Arenā€™t there plans for a Buceeā€™s in DeForest or somewhere on the Madison periphery?

I think so. I thought it was supposed to close the new top golf or equivalent they are building.

1 Like

Was just going to recommend Shepherds Crook. Very impressed with that track & on the way to Chi.

Culverā€™s and not Mars Cheese Castle?