Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

You’re more qualified and experienced than most!

Or, at least, more qualified and experienced than one. :grimacing:

Side note - does anyone know if having to wait for 30-60 minutes per comment normal? Will that limitation go away as I participate more? Anyone I can petition to participate more frequently?

Update - a warm 38, most of the snow gone, ball not bouncing 5 feet in the air after hitting the ground, only needed a light jacket (!!!) and was kind of sweating at the end (!!!).

I Want You To Get The Word Out There That We Back Up The ...

11 Likes

That’s one of the limits of not joining the nest if I remember right.

1 Like

$90/yr might be worth it just for that.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much about this. Looks like you have one person who could help as a volunteer, but you can also keep scoring super simple.

For March Mudness we do a quota opening round and basically just have guys track it on their cards and hand them in. No tech no scoreboard. No complaints. That’s sort of the identity of mudness tho being kinda no frills.

You’re also going to have a pro’s help at a course for an event if it’s not a super strapped course.

So in short A- keep it simple for scoring events is better than no events at all and 2- I am unable to volunteer to help.

But I would for sure play in Wisconsin roost events and likely be a double member!

4 Likes

I appreciate that you went A, 2 instead of 1, 2 or A, B

2 Likes

Get up in that spreadsheet. We need this in writing.

1 Like

Jumping in to boost Madison numbers

2 Likes

Well we’ve reached the 20 person threshold in 2 days. Pretty good! Although I was really hoping to stall at 19 and put @PTM in a very compromising position forcing him to declare loyalty with the fate of the Wisconsin roost in his hand.

So far the list is very Milwaukee centric, which is not particularly surprising, but I’m here to say I hope my comments about not traveling didn’t deter anyone from around the state. If you’re anywhere in Wisconsin and have even a little interest in participating in a roost throw your name on the spreadsheet and we can discuss how to facilitate. Maybe it works, maybe if doesn’t, but right now you’re only committing yourself to the conversation. Like I said before, this wouldn’t go live officially until 2024, so we have a ton of time to work through statewide logistics.

6 Likes

I’m not that far away from you and it’s not dark here. Save this for the darker hours.

Much more seriously, thank you for getting this off the ground.

3 Likes

If he somehow thumbs his nose at dual membership I think we take that as a personal insult and respond accordingly.

And i took that personally - Imgflip

4 Likes

Hun? It’s gonna get weird. I’m going to need two online golf message board volunteer-run golf clubs.

6 Likes

Momentum is gaining

5 Likes

Western and central WI severely under represented. I’ll toss my name on the sheet when I can get on a non-mobile device.

1 Like

Fine, I’m interested.

5 Likes

9 Likes

I SAID INTERESTED!

5 Likes

6 Likes

He spends about as much time in our state as he does in yours. Plus, you know The Burban is here :kissing_heart:

1 Like

My avatar is a toast to Spring Valley with a Spotted Cow. I even like Wisco Old Fashioneds.

5 Likes