Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

You say this like people don’t universally love Wisconsin old fashioneds.

7 Likes

I have some bad news for you…

9 Likes

Don’t tell us there’s people who haven’t had the opportunity to drink that insanely sugary sweet nectar

4 Likes

4 Likes

Pair a better drink with fried perch, it’s not possible.

4 Likes

Leinie’s honey weiss in a frosty mug is pretty close (especially if it’s warm out)

5 Likes

While this roost is very much in the planning stages, should it come to fruition, I’d formally like to invite the WI refugees to an October border war at Shepherds Crook.

They usually put aside as many tee times as I need for our normal event…if there’s enough interest here I’m happy to build this out to stage a cage match between our respective groups.

I can post an signup in early summer to get the ball rolling if this gets going.

18 Likes

Perch?? What, are you royalty or something? But in all seriousness, I’ll die on the hill that the old fashioned is a pre and post fish fry drink. The fish fry demands a lager or Pilsner.

6 Likes

Can we do the boarder war even if it doesn’t get off the ground?

4 Likes

Gotta check my bag now to see if my Korbel Brandy flask made it through the off-season

5 Likes

There’s enough respectable disregard for each other’s living choices and allegiances with or without roosts. So, yes. Usually aim for the third Saturday in October.

7 Likes

Look how popular we are. We’re just a concept and already getting party invitations.

16 Likes

Lobbying for whatever weekend my wife doesn’t schedule a birthday party on.

4 Likes

Shit, between my mom, dad and mother in law all having birthdays in October, I’m not sure any weekend will be free but I’m willing to make a parent reschedule to beat IL, they will understand.

3 Likes

50 degrees yesterday, wake up to a fresh blanket of snow. WTF Wisconsin. Why do I live here.

5 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

I give up

2 Likes

Veridian neighborhoods are getting too darn similar. I genuinely thought this was my neighborhood and I was so confused as to when they put in that playground in that specific spot.

4 Likes

Expensive, too.

We casually went to look a couple weekends ago and things start at $750k and go up from there. Uhh, no?

3 Likes