Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

Never played it but looks great! Warming up with Heritage in the AM and then Greywalls in the PM

Get ready for elevation changes. Haven’t played Heritage since high school matches 15 years ago but I enjoyed it then.

Greywalls is as picturesque as golf gets in the UP. Blind tee shots to what looks like nothing, rock formations in the middle of fairways. Loved every minute of it.

1 Like

Wait, you were able to get a tee time at Sand Valley?

Yeah - I called 30 days out to see what they had available. There were only 2 times available at either course. I was looking as a single otherwise wasn’t happening

1 Like

Milwaukee guis - what’s your recommendation for a sports bars in the area? Ideally looking for a place with a sizeable quantity of TVs where there’s a chance to watch the Ryder Cup Saturday afternoon, knowing that it overlaps with the WI/ND game.

Where in Milwaukee? Downtown?

The truly biggest sports bar I can think of would be The Mecca smack dab in the middle of the deer district in downtown Milwaukee. You should have a chance there though the Badgers play Notre Dame at 11 that same morning. You could also try Major Goolsby’s which has a ton of TVs but is a much smaller space. II suppose you could try golf specific ones (with sims I think) like Fore! and Nine Below, but those two should be the biggest and most likely to have something on for you

1 Like

I always recommend Points East Pub, lots of TVs, great beer selection and AMAZING wings… the issue is not only the WI/ND game (so stupid that they decided to slot it at 11AM, but I digress) but there’s also premier league football which might also be on the TVs depending on the bar.

4 Likes

Anyone interested in Thursday practice round tickets? My brother has 2 available. Make an offer. We are in Dubuque and can be picked up or we can figure over night on Tuesday to get them to you on Wednesday.

Has there been a Trap Draw - Sheboygan thread made yet? Because that needs to be discussed.

Wisconsin generally doesn’t exist unless there’s an event here or somebody is traveling to SV, Kohler, or Erin. Agree it needs to happen, but not going to hold my breath.

1 Like

Nope

(And I hope it doesn’t, solely so she doesn’t get drug through the mid on that Whistling Straits/Bandon take.)

You talking about a discussion thread or episode about Sheboygan? Bc the episode is live.

If it’s the thread - just start one

Yep, meant a specific thread about the episode. I don’t trust myself to create a thread correctly so was hoping smarter minds than mine would’ve started one already.

1 Like

Not golf related - anyone work for Trek? Got a project they might be interested in.

1 Like

If you know me, you know I don’t like to brag much but I won something a couple of weeks back. Fun times with the Dane County Mid-AM at Bishops Bay CC and Blackhawk CC here in Madison. Shot 69 - 71 to win by 3.

28 Likes

Congrats! Nice shooting!

Played Meadow Valleys at Blackwolf and Irish at the Straits yesterday. 8:30am & 1:30pm tee times, figured I’d be able to cruise with 8:30 being the first tee time of the day. Shoutout to the twosome I was paired with, we made it to the turn together in 90 minutes. They wanted to go to the tips for the back 9 and I’m a 15 hdcp so I let them play ahead of me. Finished that 18 in 3:30, made it to Straits an hour before my tee time and enjoyed the free hot dogs and brats they have left over from the Ryder Cup. It was cool seeing them take down everything but it was also pretty noisy so be ready for that if you’re playing there yet this year.

Me and three friends have a 10/23 tee time on Straits and didn’t plan on getting caddies because we’re cheap. Worth the extra $50-$100? We are all in the 10-20 hdcp range. Had a caddie at Sand Valley that was a dud so I’m a little gun-shy about it.

1 Like

Caddies at the Straights are ligit. It’s always worth it bc they enhance the experience. Definitely worth it. You’re already spending a fortune.

We got some sort of a late-season deal so greens fees are only $225, so we’re thinking we could sneak by with a round in the $200’s instead of getting into the $300’s. I have student loans, car loan, and a new mortgage so I really shouldn’t be going at all but the deal is too enticing lol.