Roll Call: Western New York, Lake Effect Roost sign up,

That bad wow

Yea. Not sure they are going back since we got rain. But i got the email about the shoulder season rates. And a buddy okays there over a week ago said the fairways were smoked. But greens were ok.

From what i gather weā€™d need a monsoon for a few days for that place to recover, which is so bizarre to me, In the last 3 weeks, Iā€™ve played Eagle Vale, Shadow Lake, Wild Wood, and Churchville, all are crisp, but no where near burned out, IDK why Mill Creek got that bad, unless they were trying to be as ā€œlinksyā€ as possible

As I said in the Stoolie thread, welcome! Where are you typing from? Weā€™ve got a WNY WhatsApp group going too, feel free to join that as well.

Played Wild Wood two weeks ago, place was in pretty good shape

1 Like

Yea no clue. But they got behind i guess. Maybe new super that thought he didnā€™t need to water as much? Not sure. I thought i had heard they have had some in house challenges the last few years. Not sure if thatā€™s true.

They had a pretty big fire, which consumed a lot of time rebuilding the club house, I played earlier in the year, maybe end of May early June and it was in great condition, not sure when they lost it.

I played early last year and was great

Maybe Iā€™ll head back for a fall round. Did they ever finish work on the 10th hole?

Yes, it plays as a par 3 now, the old t-box is now a site for wedding ceremonyā€™s. They are however in the process of redoing all the bunkers, so youā€™ll come across some that have been re-edge and filled with some deep sand, and others that are rock hard and more dirt//stone than anything else

So how long of a par 3? It used to be that drop shot but have they moved the tee to lower ground?

Hi everyone, Jsauce and I are playing Deerfield N/S (regular 18) Sunday morning at 9:20. Looking for 2 to join. Message back here or on the WhatsApp group (see link above). Weird not having Sunday Bills games early for 2 straight weeksā€¦ trying to take advantage of it!

1 Like

Scored this old school CCB map from the Lie + Loft first Friday sale last week. Pretty awesome.

8 Likes

If any WNY Refuge members would like to get on GEARS (perhaps so you know what you want to work on over the winter), let me know and Iā€™ll apply your NESTMEMBER discount (+5% more) through the end of 2022.

1 Like

Hey WNY crew. Iā€™m headed to Buffalo from Canada (Duck Club land) this weekend, looking for a Friday afternoon game, if anyone has an opening for a fourth. Trying to book at Harvest Hill, but website showing no times and no one answering the phones, anyone know whatā€™s happening at that club, is it closed, out of business. Recommendations would be appreciated if no one has a Friday aft opening. Thanks!!

Harvest is open but doing a lot of work on the back 9. A month ago they were going to have us play the front 2x so didnā€™t end up booking there.

1 Like

Ah, that makes sense on why Iā€™m experiencing what Iā€™m experiencing. Iā€™m sure its in this chat elsewhere, but any recos for me??

Played Diamond Hawk yesterday and was great as usual

@jimmay

Iā€™d check out Seneca Hickory, just a short drive north of Buffalo in Niagara Falls. They should have tee times available

wow, looks solid. and $49?? sick. anyone want to join 1:50 tee time Friday??

btw, we really need a Niagara joint roost event in 2023ā€¦ Whirlpool GC and ?? in NFNY or Buffalo NY??

2 Likes

Geez. That looks solid too. anyone want to join either ~ 2:00 pm?? times at either courseā€¦

1 Like