Roll Call: Western New York, Lake Effect Roost sign up,

But slow for myself. But that’s expected with a 5yr old and 10 month old. Now that i don’t have to mow 3 times a week in getting a little time. Did win my course’s member member event. Lost shootout but had low score of weekend.

1 Like

Congrats on the win!

Jump in on the WhatsApp group and let’s set up some tee times.

2 Likes

Just joined

1 Like

Looking like I’ll be in the Rochester area and able to play a round next Friday morning. I have zero knowledge of the area or the golf scene. Just found out about 30 minutes ago I was going. Any golf recommendations would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

Hmmm. Might be able to play. I should know more early week.

Greystone and Ravenwood are usually favorites on the East side of town. Mill Creek is solid. Small caveat is that I haven’t played any of these this year so can’t comment on current conditions.

1 Like

Played Mill Creek last weekend and it was unbelievably fast and firm. Looked pretty burned out, but it sounds like that was by design.

Played Greystone today and it was in great shape. Definitely my favorite course in the area.

Haven’t played Ravenwood in a couple months, but that place is pretty well maintained so I’m sure it’s in good shape.

2 Likes

Turns out, I’m actually going to be going to Buffalo, bit Rochester. But I do appreciate the advice. Maybe I’ll get to Rochester, but it won’t be Friday, unfortunately

Still Friday AM? Also do you know if you’re going to one of the burbs or DT?

Yeah, I’ll be in Thursday night, so I’ll be able to play Friday morning. I’ve not booked the hotel, so I can be in the burbs or downtown. I’ll have my truck and don’t mind driving. I’m driving over from
West Michigan.

The ranking order here is pretty subjective but I would just put up Ivy Ridge in Akron, Harvest Hill in Orchard Park, and Hickory Stick up in Lewiston (just beyond Niagara Falls) as the top three courses.

Glen Oak in Amherst is fine and usually can get on in the AM easily enough. Diamond Hawk by the airport in Cheektowaga is a test. Tight piece of property and tends to be windy over there, but can be a lot of fun and forces you to think a lot of your approaches. Ironwood and Byrncliff are 40-45 minutes south but both are a lot of fun. Ironwood is pretty open and has a great layout. Byrncliff is in a small valley and the greens tend to be some of the toughest. The terrain is well used at Byrncliff as well with plenty of up and downhill looks through the course.

There are some other courses but I wouldn’t bother unless you’re really wanting to play and striking out at these spots.

5 Likes

Thanks a bunch, dude. I wouldn’t have known where to begin

NP, anytime

Mill Creek the last two times I’ve played has been crispy

I’d posted earlier this year about the Battle for the Big Nut, which I’d hoped to make a NIT qualifier. Due to any number of reasons—life and work getting way the fuck in the way, getting out over my skis with the original planning, the event coming right after our Roost championship, blah blah blah—the numbers never really took off.

While it’d be kind to call it an “event” at this point, it’s still a meetup and golf is gonna get played. Original link is below. We’ve got guys playing Saturday PM and/or Sunday AM. So if anyone feels like making a drive this weekend, we’d love to see you out here. I do know @jsauce is coming out on Sunday and doing the Sleepy Hollow/Manakiki double. That’s 36 holes of the best muni golf anywhere.

If anyone is interested please let me know by this evening so I can get the unused times back to the course. Craic on!

Yes, happy to provide transportation but as @joecline41 says, it’s going to be a whole day, w/ some of the best muni courses out there…

1 Like

You driving out and back? I can’t due to a popup birthday party that just came up tonight. But someday, someday.

Yessir. Might end up heading out the day before otherwise, it’ll be an early morning wake-up and drive Sunday

1 Like

Feels like I’m writing a personal add…

Hello all, looks like I’m pretty late to the party, but after deciding to dust off the game and get back into it a few years ago, I recently stumbled across the Tourist Sauce and Strapped series and fell head first into NLU’s world.

so yea…

7 Likes

heard they’ve moved to fall rates at this point because the course is near unplayable