Roll Call: Western New York, Lake Effect Roost sign up,

Honestly I don’t remember what it’s like to get negative yards after carry on a drive. This spring has been an early snow melt which is great but the constant standing water has gotten so old.

So jealous Vegas was awesome, hoping for some serious firm and fast summer conditions here now

Yeah this weather needs to clear up soon. Was supposed to have league tonight at Diamond Hawk but it was cancelled. It seems outrageous that by Memorial day I may only have 2-3 rounds of golf in because of weather.

Weather is looking amazing for Sunday. This is the last weekend before the summer rates kick in at Peak N Peak.

Twilight after 1pm is only $50 with a cart.
Would anyone be down to go play around 1pm or so Sunday?
@jasona93

that sounds great. i’m sure i’ll have a +1 but will know for sure about 7am

I just realized if we do twilight we will most likely miss the end of the PGA Champ. I really want to play the Peak before it’s $150 and we could probably just watch from the carts, or we could go earlier in the day and pay the $69 rate.

Absolutely bring a +1 or 2, I’ve asked like 10 of my buddies and none of them are available.

Problem is I we have had so much rain and it’s not supposed to stop until Wednesday and most of the courses around here don’t drain very well at all.

Oh I know. Every course around here has just been a swamp.

The Peak is on top of a mountain and a relatively newer course, so I’m guessing drainage should be about as good as you could hope for with all this rain.

Have you played it before?

I think Turningstone has decent rates too for the next few weeks.

I played it once last year 2 days before the Web.com Tour was there, so the course setup was a nightmare. Hellish rough, skinny fairways, it was impossible. The course is amazing though.

Yeah I haven’t played it in a few years. Last time was maybe 5 years ago. I remember really hating the last few holes but the rest was fun.

this is not what i needed to hear - my buddy won an auction for a pro am foursome.

It was awesome playing it with the grandstands set up, but my god was the rough impossible. It was basically at the point where you had to punch out in the fairway with a wedge just to get contact on it. I felt like I was playing a US Open course or something.

My buddy grabbed a foursome at 1250, there’s only two of us. Per the shop: currently standing water everywhere, should be playable sunday. $59 all day, not the $69/50 difference.

I don’t like playing Sunday afternoons of majors, but I also don’t think the PGA is finishing on Sunday the way things are going.

Awesome! I’ll be there. Will probably get there around 12 or so to hit the range. If I can find a 4th I’ll let you know.
I’ll DM you my number.

We have room for a 4th on Sunday at 12:50 if anyone here would like to meet up! Should be a gorgeous day for it!

How was it? Weather held up its end.

We had a damn good time! Weather was great but the heat wore us out coming down the stretch a bit. Couldn’t have asked for a better day I don’t think.

1 Like

Anyone been out to Chautauqua GC or Chautauqua Point this year yet? Going to be in the area over the 4th and looking to hit both, any conditions updates would be awesome

I haven’t but may before the 4th. If I do I’ll post an update here.
Everything here is a soaking wet mess and with rain in the forecast every day this upcoming week it isn’t going to get better.

Prepare for super soft fairways with little to no roll and probably decent greens at best.

Played Chautauqua Point this morning. Good layout and a fun 9 hole round. Conditions were great. Greens are small and fun. Rough walk back up the hill, finishing with 2 par 3’s.

2 Likes