Roll Call: Washington DC/DMV Area

Late Feb.

Ok cool. Scroll up a ways or use the search function to narrow down for my posts in this thread, I know I posted a mega-list recently you can work off for your 4-top night. Just add Bar Spero to that list.

For the group of 15, I’d say ChurchKey is a solid option. Would also recommend that you check out Estadio (Spanish place in DuPont, fantastic but I’m not sure if they take reservations that large, maybe ask for 2 adjacent tables of 8?), Brasserie Beck (Belgian spot that recently re-opened, very close to your hotel and the convention center), The Hamilton (at 14th and F St. NW, not to be confused with the fifty other places named for the same guy; will have options for everybody and if you wanna get a pile of oysters for a crowd that size, this is the spot to do it), Clyde’s (Chinatown location, similar concept to Hamilton and same owners), Jaleo (the OG Jose Andres spot, tapas heaven), and SUCCOTASH (southern fare in an old bank building, offers one of the best and best-priced happy hours in DC).

2 Likes

Unconventional Diner would be really easy for a large group near the convention center.

2 Likes

LOVE their mussels and gnocchi mac n cheese

3 Likes

Estadio is so good.

2 Likes

It’s one of my all time favorite restaurants. Have to go.

1 Like

Happy New Year everyone!

Finally moved in (mostly… brought way too many clothes lol).
Met my first DMV Refugee today. @brownyummZDB was a real treat!

Looking forward to getting out on the course with everyone. Would love to meet up for beers or top tracer sometime, too!

7 Likes

Has anyone played Raspberry falls recently? Seeing afternoon tee times for $42 this weekend. Wondering what type of shape it’s in

1 Like

I’m in the Herndon/Chantilly area for work all week. Anyone have any good breakfast and dinner spot recommendations?

Also, if the weather and schedule cooperates, may try to sneak in a quick 9 or some sim time. Any recommendations on that front?

Played in Sep.

Was crazy wet. Cart path only and wasn’t even from recent rain. They just said drainage had Been terrible this season.

The black burned out and dry patches seem to have much better than when I played in ‘20.

Lots of sprawl between those two towns.

Where exactly are you staying? Different spots based on which one you’re actually closer to.

Golf wise- Herndon centennial will be cheapest/best value if you’re around there.

1 Like

Staying just outside Dulles, so firmly in the middle of the sprawl.

Breakfast rec is Anita’s for their breakfast burritos. There’s locations in Herndon and Chantilly.

2 Likes

Santini’s deli more near Chantilly is great

Anita’s is really good and breakfast is good too (also a location in Herndon)

Ned devines more to Herndon is a good Irish pub

Golf I’d say play Herndon centennial and then go to aslin beer company after.

Breweries in general- solace is my fave beer. Spot is okay. Mustang sally is closer to Chantilly and beer is not bad.

2 Likes

Love Santinis. Used to live near the Reston location

Joes Cafe in Sterling for breakfast, especially if you’re solo (it gets busy daily). Amazing greasy spoon.
Highly recommend chorizo scramble or huevos rancheros.

1 Like

If you’re that close to Dulles, Brambleton for golf, Ocelot for beer (sometimes they have food trucks).

Those Burritos are the bomb.

Woo Boy Chicken in Herndon for a lunch spot. Korean/Nashville chicken. Fried Ocra as a side!

Herndon is a solid recommendation. Fun track. I’m partial to Pleasant Valley but haven’t played there since the spring and the conditions take a beating through the summer.

1 Like

Popping back in here as it’s conference week.

Gonna be 80 on Thursday too!

Wednesday night we are doing Grand Cata. Local colleagues picked it.

Thursday night happy hour is hosted at Calico, dinner after still open… considering doing the W rooftop since it’ll be so nice.

Any other last minute suggestions?

1 Like

Welcome! Just gonna take the lazy route here and redirect to some other times we’ve hashed out restaurants here

1 Like