Roll Call: Washington DC/DMV Area

Pretty sure 7 Springs has a course don’t they? I’ve only been up there during ski season so I could be wrong.

Yeah they have a course. I went to golf camp there as a kid. Just looking for other cool options in the area.

Hey DC guiiis I’m going to be in DC Saturday (30th)/Sunday (31st) and would love to get a game if anyone has anything going.

@CaptainHarlow Still unclear if DC will have any courses open this weekend (if so, I am down for a game), but most courses in Virginia & Maryland are back open. I know the Roll Call threads for those two states have been pretty active the last week or two, so you should have some luck there.

Which one of you golf sickos was just walking across the 395 bridge in 94° heat with their golf bag on their back hoping to get to East Potomac for a twilight 9?

Let me know, and next time I’ll give you a ride.

5 Likes

This is a good place. @RobertHunter let’s find this man!

1 Like

My first thought was that it must be @RobertHunter but then I realized he’d be rolling his bag across the bridge on his new pushcart.

2 Likes

By the way, The Courses at Andrews are accepting tee times again. I’m going to try and get out a few times over the next few months before my old reservist ID expires. I thiiiiiink I can bring other folks on base (not 100% on that, though). I’m playing a round early next week and will figure out exactly what the protocol is if anyone is interested in a round out there to see what the new super was able to do with three months of no play.

!!!

11 Likes

This just made my day!

1 Like

So glad to see langston got some love as well, such good news

2 Likes

I’ve been saying since Steph announced he was funding Howard Golf that they need to get TGR in to rebuild Langston, and now that it’s happening I don’t even know how to process it. Such a perfect evolution for that course’s history if they build it out to tournament length and host NCAA and HBCU tourneys out there.

1 Like

This is awesome. McCartin is a great dude and really got the ship pointed in the right direction.

1 Like

I just received the National Links Trust email that announced they won the bid! I really thought that bureaucracy was going to get in the way and let an inferior group win the bid. Not sure what to make of TGR involvement will with Langston in terms of changes they will make to the course, but it may be due to them not having the depth of work that Doak & Hanse do. Either way, I am thrilled.

1 Like

This is awesome! Miss going out to East Potomac with buddies even though it was a trek from Reston.

1 Like

I’m interested to see what they do with the other East Potomac courses. The red sucks, but the white is awesome, hopefully it gets some attention if it doesn’t get a true reno.

4 Likes

I can’t remember what they said about the red, but if they restore the original routing that would probably be the best real estate to relocate the driving range. Has Doak built a par 3 course anywhere?

I believe he did a par 3 routing at Ballyneal - might’ve been 12 hole but could be wrong

Edit: Yep and few others - https://www.renaissancegolf.com/275/alternative-courses

1 Like

Nice! Would be interesting if it ended up as a 18-hole restoration of the Blue, and then a 12-hole par 3 routing for the white. I think that could be a great compromise, because I really don’t see there being 36 holes at East Potomac in the NLT plan if they plan to truly restore the Travis/Flynn routing.

Yeah will be interesting to see what route they take - definitely a recent movement towards short courses and practice facility options for those who can’t commit to 4-5 hr rounds but not as much in the municipal space