Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

I tell you what, with only two people in a group the pace is unreal. It’s a sub 4 hour round out here.

whoa

5 Likes

damn :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I thought they were moving the tees on 9 to the bottom of the hill??

its so beautiful

They alternate them. I’ve played both sets of tees. I think because construction is not happening right now fees will still be at the top.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the Chambers aesthetic. I was super excited and proud that it was there and I was gutted it got a bad ride.

I’d love to play it and I’m talking about a big road trip with some friends from Idaho to Bandon via Seattle. Is it worth the green fee?

4 Likes

I’d say yes. Chambers is a fantastic course and the new greens are really nice. You’ve got crazy elevation changes, great views, and the back 9 is banger after banger.

I should add though, I’ve only payed the WA rate which is significantly cheaper than peak out-of-state rates.

3 Likes

On the list it goes…

2 Likes

Yes, 100% worth it. It’s like being imported into a video game, and I mean that in the most positive way possible. It’s unlike any other round of golf I’ve ever played, and I absolutely loved every second of it. Regardless of whether you like the course or not, you’ll never have another experience like it in my opinion. It was also much more photogenic than expected, especially on clear sunny days (which you can see above).

I went off 10 when I was there (they said the greens crew was finishing stuff up on the front), which was the only disappointing thing. The back 9 there is SO good that it made the front a bit of a let down, and the front is a tougher walk so we were a bit more tired too. There’s really not a bad hole on the back 9.

5 Likes

I thought it looked amazing at the Open. Such a shame that everyone wanted to shit on it. The views were off the chain.

2 Likes

@The_Cad_Says if I might opine. As somebody who spent middle and high school living in England’s superior sibling (Scotland), it’s one of the top couple links courses I’ve played. The elevation changes are a blast. Definitely fit it into any itinerary. The poa greens they debuted last year are phenomenal.

4 Likes

@davidc you open to play tomorrow am?

1 Like

appreciate the heads up! don’t think I can tomorrow, weekdays are a bit hit or miss for me and tomorrow I have a few meetings.

where you gonna be out at?

Played Druids today. Overall, super fun. The easiest 82 of my life with two three-puts from 15 feet. (I don’t want to talk about it).

Conditions were good. Greens were very pure. Played in 3:15 as a single. They have a few water hazards that either need more agua, or need a new design. Probably my only beef. The price is a BIT high through. $100 to ride? Would have LOVED it at $80.

2 Likes

I love druids but only play it in the winter because the summer rate is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been wanting to get out there again but that’s been my entire issue. Same with Trophy Lake, fun course but $100 to ride?? I’d rather take a day off work and play Chambers on a Tuesday haha

4 Likes

Snuck in a round before the thunderstorms yesterday at Rope Rider with some of PNW RACDG crew! Really enjoy this course.

Anyone not in the RACDG or wants to get in on the WhatsApp threads let me know! Great way to find a game or otherwise discuss our current putting woes and continued love of Bryson.

10 Likes