Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

Yeah The Classic is doing the same with the foam, heading to Eagles Pride in the morning and hoping they are doing the same as well.

Lake Wilderness has the foam, but the ball still is prevented from dropping, so there are some judgement calls

I played the Home Course on Saturday 5/9 and they had the upside down cup which was basically the same effect as the foam insert as it just made it more shallow. They did say they ordered the EZ-Lyft cups that were all over social media a little while back so keep an eye out for those.

1 Like

I’m the opposite. Loved the upside down cups at Pumpkin Ridge. I’ve seen a couple putts get popped out by the foam. I told my playing partners to count those. Total BS. Give me the upside down cups every day for the rest of time tbh

1 Like

Heading to the Home Course tomorrow a.m. Despite the cups, how’d it play?

2 Likes

I thought it played great! The greens were in really good condition and rolled very true. Sometimes they can look blotchy but they always roll better than they look, and they were in as good of shape as I ever remember seeing them on saturday. The rest of the course was in good shape too. And while the cups were shallow, I didn’t see them have any effect on whether the ball went in the hole or not.

Have fun!

^^^ echo Dan above. soooooo pure, enjoy!

1 Like

Wow, what a day. Great conditions. Greens are so pure. Bonus points for the breakfast burrito at the turn. I’m a big breakfast burrito guy.

The wind was up this morning, but that might be the only complaint I can come up with. Well, that and lipping out a par putt on 18 to break 80. F&CK!

3 Likes

Great to hear! (other than the lip out!)

Heading to Chambers tomorrow at 9. Haven’t heard anything about the course yet since they reopened but I’m pumped to get out there.

7 Likes

Weather looks to be on your side. Good luck sleeping tonight!

Let us know how it looks!

Just checked in and got to the practice green. The whole check in process is totally different now and takes more time so if you come out here make sure you’re here earlier than you usually would be.

2 Likes

I hope you post lots of pictures here when you’re done!

thanks for the heads up! they still doing the practice area/range?

Conditions Reports:

1. Gold Mountain Olympic - fantastic. Greens are pure and the lack of divots is lovely.
  2. Gold Mountain Cascade - Olympic’s baby brother is looking pretty damn good too. A little more burnt out in places, as is tradition.
  3. West Seattle - greens look great even if they’re a little slow. Still many unclaimed golf balls littering the course. Glad to see that hasn’t changed. Saw a group of 4 youths venture into the trees by #3. Need to investigate.
  4. Interbay - greens are already starting to look like the surface of the moon, but good otherwise.

Off to Home Course tomorrow!

5 Likes

Yes practice area is still open. Now there are no shuttles so you have to walk everywhere so be prepared. I’d say give yourself 20 minutes extra to get here and checked in and all the way to the practice area.

2 Likes

Can you park in one of the field’s parking lots? Or do you have to walk all the way down the hill??

You have to park in the gravel lot down the hill and walk to the first tee through the tunnel. When you drive in you park in the roundabout where the shuttle normally was and walk inside and check in then drive down the hill.

1 Like

Tee box for number 9.

11 Likes