Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

I thought it was one of the best public courses inthe United States.

1 Like

Gamble Sands is different than Chambers. The fairways are much wider IIRC, so to me itā€™s much more playable and enjoyable for my skill level. They both are awesome tracks in Washington, but I think they are vastly different.

3 Likes

Yeah, the fairways are firm, there are no trees, and there are some brave carries off some of the tees and thatā€™s about where the similarities end :sweat_smile:

See some of yall in a couple days

Screenshot 2021-09-09 182730

Also, donā€™t forget about the 2 for 1 deal in the Washington Golf Pass!

1 Like

Have now played Chambers twice. Have played Gamble Sands twice plus an additional 9 holes as well as the 14 hole Quicksand course. And today I played Wine Valley. Playing it again tomorrow.

They are all great. And nothing alike. And they dont need to be. I played them from different tees on different holes to get an idea of what the holes were like for players of different abilities.

2 Likes

thanks MV, would anyone object to us going last, sorry for the late request, if itā€™s too late, no worries

1 Like

Tee Times tomorrow, take #2

Screenshot 2021-09-10 165145

2 Likes

Garcias Matt

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be playing Salishan on the Oregon coast tomorrow and be thinking about all of you.

3 Likes

Chambers post - hello all, have a 36 hole tee time for Wednesday, 9/22 for 36 holes, the rate for each individual round is 120, but if you decide to join us for both, it would be 180.

I have a one opening for the 36, and an opening for the second 18. Also have a tentative time for the 28th, let me know if anyone is interested in that one too.

Reservation Time Course Players Amount Reserve Fee Confirmation Cancellable Until Cancel Fee
Tue, Sep 28, 2021 - 1:24 PM Chambers Bay 4 $480.00 N/A 512156427 Sun, Sep 26, 2021 - 1:24 PM N/A
Wed, Sep 22, 2021 - 2:30 PM Chambers Bay 4 $480.00 N/A 509125827 Mon, Sep 20, 2021 - 2:30 PM N/A
Wed, Sep 22, 2021 - 8:20 AM Chambers Bay 4 $480.00 N/A 508080981 Mon, Sep 20, 2021 - 8:20 AM N/A
1 Like

RevisiĆ³n, have a couple of openings for the morning round of the 22nd, and most likely will ditch the afternoon round, unless some diehards want go the whole 36. Let me know, running out of good weather and light. Be well

taps mic (extreme Jim Nantz voice)

Hello Friends,

Allow me to parachute in here from the Colorado thread. Iā€™ll be visiting your neck of the woods and booked a tee time at Chambers on Saturday (9/25) at 7:50 am. I would love to meet up with some PNW refugees and have two spots available if anyone is interested in joining me. I can offer good vibes, an inconsistent strike pattern, and will leave birdies for the rest of the group to gobble up.

4 Likes

@Slips how was your Chambers experience? Did anyone meet up with you from The Refuge or did we live up to our ā€œSeattle Freezeā€ expectations and completely ignore you?

2 Likes

Haha, I havenā€™t played it yet so will withhold any fiery takes for now. Iā€™ll be there this Saturday. I definitely got hit with the freeze, but it is a Ryder Cup Saturday so I will assume thatā€™s the reason why. Didnā€™t have any takers so I released the two extra spots earlier this evening. Looks like theyā€™re still available (7:50 am) for anyone that wants to grab them.

1 Like

I know a couple guys are still thinking about buying last second plane tickets to Wisconsin, so the Ryder Cup could very well be the reason haha

1 Like

HA, with all the first day of fall and pumpkin spice takes on the internet, I forgot it was still September when I posted that.

Iā€™d join you, but Iā€™m about 2 hours north of Chambers, so 7:50am is a little early for me on a Saturday.

2 Likes

Next meetup is at the Home Course on Oct. 17th with tee times starting at 11:42.

The meetup features the match of @Mattyeds facing off against Matt Titus for the RTGS Crown.

Signups:

1 Like

Sharing some of the drone footage from our trip to Gamble Sands this past weekend.

Absolutely incredible.

Big thanks to @mattylawn for the suggestion to play 36 and for hooking us up with the great rates and replay tee time!

This is now a yearly trip!

https://youtu.be/JrwTiT22BHs

6 Likes

Posting here in case anyone is interested

1 Like

We were out there too, great weekend and thanks for sharing the footage. Bummer we didnā€™t meet up.

@mattylawn is a prince.

5 Likes