Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

Head’s up PNW crew! Hopefully borders will be open in 2021!

4 Likes

Anyone here played Lakeland Village in Allyn? Saw a $20 tee time pop up at 11:15am and since it’s 15 minutes from my house I jumped on it.

27 holes but looks like it winds through some residential neighborhoods built around it. Heard they have amazing greens. Might hate it and it’s aesthetic but $20 is $20. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Hey everyone! Been a NLU fan/lurker for years. Decided to create a Refuge account and join the Nest after the most recent Oregon pods and the first episode of Oregon tourist sauce.

I live in the Renton area. My home course is Fairwood but I love playing all over basically anywhere in Washington and Oregon. Favorite course in Washington is Wine Valley.

Looking forward to hot takes and making connections!

5 Likes

Holy. Shit.

Never thought anyone would ask about Lakeland. My home course! Worked there for a few years as my first job. Truly formative.

The course - the newer 18 where you normally play (theres an older 9 they rarely use for normal routings but is open, they call them Generation I, II, III) is pretty good. Gen II is routed pretty heavily through a housing development with some gimmicky holes. Water and OB on every hole tbh haha Gen III is better. The best part - some of the best greens in WA. I was there in July and they were rolling smooth.

Worth $20 for sure, let me know what you think.

2 Likes

So… through 9 starting on Gen III. WHAT A HIDDEN GEM. I say that sarcastically yet truthfully at the same time. The course is in immaculate shape and I’m the only tee time for two hours. Basically have the place to myself. Sure, I’m the youngest one on the course by 70 years but everyone is so damn nice. Greens are rolling like a dream. +7 through 9 and left quite a few out there.

About to start Gen II. Definitely playing here more often.

1 Like

I just played fairwood in the punch bowl. Interesting course

1 Like

I’m up in Port Townsend now and played Discovery Bay last weekend. I was first one off at 8am on sunday morning and only saw 6-8 other people on the course during my round. Course is a little small and has a few weird lines, but the greens were in excellent shape. Can’t beat the feeling of having a course to yourself.

Even had a center-line tree!

6 Likes

Ha, yeah, I think interesting is a generous description. :smile: But it’s 10 minutes from my house. I can walk it in under 4 hours on most days (or even just play a few holes). And the practice facilities are decent. Oh, and it has a pool which my kids love! So it checks the boxes I’m looking for right now. Which course did you represent in the Punchbowl?

1 Like

Aldarra

1 Like

Fuck yeah sounds so great out there rn happy you are liking it

I am intrigued by this place now

$1800 for a year of unlimited golf sounds pretty appealing right now. Haha. Especially if it is in that condition all year

Shit that’s almost what it costs for the home course. I think home course is 1999$. There are some crazy deals out around us on yearly memberships for these courses.

1 Like

Played out there a few times when staying at my fiancé’s place in Brinnon. Great place that’s always in great shape.

1 Like

@davidc Gen II was a bit tight. Tighter than jeans I wore in high school. A few good holes with some good elevation change though. #9 is a great finisher I think with having to navigate the water on each side and the tree in the middle. Gimmicky but fun. Really loved how the course made me think hard about what clubs to play and I hit more iron shots than I have anywhere. Great for #YOTB.

Was on 79 watch through 14 after a chip in birdie but then proceeded to go double, par, triple, double to finish at 86. Never broken 80 before. Anyways… photos!

3 Likes

Ended up spending 2 night at Silvies and skipping Cannon Beach cross posting my thoughts:

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/silvies-valley-ranch-apparently-were-talking-about-ancient-aliens-in-here/27617/2?u=i_have_the_yips

1 Like

Anyone been to gold mountain since they punched? Saw on their website they punched on the 6th. Anyone got any info for me? Looking to play on Monday.

SICK. Haha happy you enjoyed it, I’ve had so many good rounds ruined on 8 and 9 of Gen II. Totally agree that Gen III is the move.

Let me know next time you want to get out, I have all the info

Did you have a good time at Silvies?