Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Great idea. Happy to join you for a round. (Assuming my current back issues have cleared up by then.)

It will likely be wet. Soggy ground and some rain. Frost delays are possible but not likely until later in December.

Victoria should be fine so you’d have Bear Mountain (x2), Highland Pacific, Olympic View, Cedar Hill, and Cordova Bay. Not sure what central and north island are like that time of year. I assume Cowichan Valley and Nanaimo areas should still be good to go but just an assumption.

1 Like

Hey everyone! Checking in from Halifax. Joined here a few weeks ago after lurking for a bit.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Refuge Duck Club!

4 Likes

Welcome!

Cool to see another Haligonian here.

1 Like

Yeah, with COVID that isn’t happening anymore. I believe it used to be $250 -$300 to play as unaccompanied and they were pretty restrictive of times and days. With COVID the club has really limited the number of guests (1 guest per member and only after 2pm) regardless of accompanied or not.

1 Like

So I’m going to take it on myself to start some preliminary information gathering on this. Just an initial canvassing of interest to get some sense of numbers and other thoughts (location, format, dates, names, etc.). Location is most likely to be somewhere in the Okanagan, but this is by no means cast in stone. Entry may be open to anyone, not limited to Western Canadians, with preference given to those on the Refuge. Once we get some initial responses, we can create a standalone thread and start drilling down.

Absolutely no obligations at this time. In reality, none of us have any idea what the world is going to look like a month from now, let alone next summer.

Keep in mind, there is the Olympic Prolific in Tacoma already scheduled for May 13-16. Information about that is here:

9 Likes

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this. In!

If it does end up being Okanagan, I may have to jump down to Gamble Sands, assuming they ‘Rona is under control.

2 Likes

Thanks Mark, if this lines up with our usual summer trip, count me in :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Consider me a definite maybe. Always keen for golf travel, and golf travel with golf sickos is even better. I look forward to more info as it develops.

1 Like

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Love this idea! Shared it to PNW crew too

Edit: also I really really want to play Tobiano

3 Likes

There’s a lot of golf between us all in the west here. I hope the stars can align for everyone.

1 Like

I can probably make Okanagan work. Would definitely try.

1 Like

I am open to suggestions. I’m less likely to trek all the way over to Alberta but it’s not for sure the Okanagan.

Also figured Okanagan would have the wine appeal and is somewhat accessible for the US PNW crew (assuming borders have reopened).

2 Likes

Obviously I’m way ahead in thinking this could be a perennial thing but give and take works for me. Island, interior, alberta rota. You win some years lose others. I’ve done some trips from YEG to Vernon, Kootenays, Portland, and Van for buddy golf. Can’t please everyone or every budget as you all probably know but our regional flights aren’t terrible burdens, and the time commitment isn’t bad either.

Personally I’d rather fly and play 2 more rounds than worry much about driving distance and that sort of thing but it’s nice to not always be the flyer in the group too. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think “the middle” whether it is Okanagan or somewhere else interior is a great idea. Travel for both West Coasters and Albertans, but a getaway for both too.

2 Likes

So I know there’s some planning for an Ontario event sometime in the June-July zone, so we would definitely want to make sure we avoid double booking people.

I’m going to put my name in as a very large maybe. I would absolutely love to do it, but there are just so many unknowns to be able to make any sort of commitment right now. I’d love to get the info, hear about what’s going on and then make a decision closer to the spring. Great job getting this started, thanks!

2 Likes

If it’s wine and golf I bet we could get @Tron interested :grin:

2 Likes

This was the first year in a long time that I didn’t make it out west. I’m owed one and would love to make this happen next year.

3 Likes

Not to mention some of our wine crew @anon24718094 @jwfickett etc etc

1 Like

Count me 100% in on this!

4 Likes