Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

I would try to get at least 4 tee times. that would cover us for 16 people. we can always change it and add more if we need to. depending on their policy though sometimes over 4 times you have to do a contract on it. so we gotta see what they say.

2 Likes

Spent last summer vacation in Bend, played Pronghorn Nicklaus and Tetherow twice. My brother also played Pronghorn Fazio and Crosswater before I got into town.

Both Pronghorn courses are in mint shape and have wonderful views, and the staff was really nice. Nicklaus was fine, I may have been playing one tee too far back, or just had nothing with the driver that day, so it made for a bit of a long day, but the course is gorgeous if sort of a typical Nicklaus layout, heavily bunkered greens, etc.

Tetherow was a lot of fun, fast, firm, some crazy greens, split fairway sections, etc, but more punitive than some of DMKā€™s other courses, much harder than Bandon Dunes for example off the tee as if you miss fairway youā€™re in scrub brush. Itā€™s not very walkable in spots, some really long tee box connections, but the golf boards were fun. If you have any true beginners in your group, they have some mega forward junior tees in the middle of the fairway that can make the round fun for them (we did a scramble with our wives who are both just now learning and they had a lot of fun there). Cool practice area too with a two hole short course connected with a single fairway.

Crosswater is supposedly much less of the high desert vibe of Tetherow or Pronghorn and more of a treeā€™d, typical PNW parkland style course, very well conditioned, but some blind and target shots into small and repelling greens that make it a tough play the first time around for non-members just visiting. I didnā€™t get out there to see it.

My personal rankings would be like @ApatheticStriker, though my brother might have preferred The Faz over Tetherow.

2 Likes

Iā€™m being very Seattle and only partially committing. Iā€™ll hopefully flip that to a full yes in the next couple weeks.

1 Like

Dude, cā€™mon, we can be better than our passive brothers and sisters! Definitely hoping you come around, otherwise weā€™ll just have to meetup for a game at West Seattle/Jefferson/Jackson and play a 5 hour round.

2 Likes

Just received word that itā€™s likely the week of March 14, so I should be good!

3 Likes

Will be in!

1 Like

Yooooooo 16 possibles this early looks GREAT. Big bump for anyone else who hasnā€™t checked in. (Post 339 above).

Still waiting to hear back from White Horse, after which we can confirm further.

3 Likes

Still havenā€™t heard back from them yet. Might call again tomorrow

1 Like

Might be worth doing, would love to get us on the books. Looking like 3 to 4 tee blocks. Let me know if you need any help

1 Like

Will do

Duel Against the Evergrey!

Almost feels like longer :joy: :sob:

@davidc Kill that ā€œtentativeā€ thread title! The Duel Against the Evergrey is on!

Weā€™re down for March 7th. White Horse GC. 4 tee times right now for 10:03 - 10:12 - 10:21 - 10:30.

Any of you lurkers out there, donā€™t be afraid to sign up. Still plenty of time to add a tee time or two.

5 Likes

Badass. Great work!

Iā€™ll plan to pull handiā€™s from participants when we get closer and decide on format. Then I can make up some cards so its easy day of. Canā€™t wait.

Now the important discussion begins; what are we doing before and after??

Before, for me, is making sure I catch the 7:55 or 8:50 ferry!

Ferry times scheduled that morning as of right now:

• 6:10
  • 7:10
  • 7:55
  • 8:50
  • 9:35

Itā€™s about a 30 minute ferry ride.

After? Iā€™m all ears

1 Like

Youā€™re really going with that abbreviation ehā€¦

7 Likes

lolllllll first thought - ā€œwhat the hell is she talking aboutā€. second thought - " :joy: :joy:".

Iā€™ll leave it unedited for posterity.

1 Like

Hey everyone - new to the area and have been looking around online for best deals to see the courses in Seattle. Iā€™ve found the Oki Playerā€™s Card. Is this the way to go?

Canā€™t wait to tee it up at Whitehorse next month!

1 Like

Very cool, excited to see you out there! If you rock WhatsApp I can get you in on our local chat.

And I havenā€™t used the Oki card personally. For the money it seems like a pretty good deal and for the non privates the okiā€™s are usually a cut above from the munis. I just live in Seattle so itā€™s tough for me to get out to them all the time.

1 Like

Has anyone done the around the sound pass before? It looks like an incredible deal and I have to imagine thereā€™s a catch but I canā€™t figure out what it is.