Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

Does anyone here play at North Bellingham often? Was gonna play Loomis next weekend but they’re aerating next week. Is it worth 60 bucks? The website makes it look questionable and the tee sheet is wide open

1 Like

North Bellingham and loomis were in great condition 2 weeks ago when I last played them both. Aerated greens or not, Loomis is a great course. If you don’t want to play that, North Bell’s greens were good as of 2 weeks ago. North Bell is linksy and Loomis is challenging but fair with a shit load of water. North Bell is my home couse so I may be biased, but I play Loomis often. Which tee sheet is wide open?

2 Likes

North Bellingham absolutely fuqs. Worth it. The winter time, the hay/fescue areas are cut down and absolutely sopping wet, so long as you stay in the fairway and normal rough, its wonderful. Even in the summer, the hay/fescue is knee high and US Open thick so its a lost ball so it plays kinda the same.

The greens are pure. Go play it.

2 Likes

North Bellingham it is! Excited to check it out.

@Meaters12 I play Loomis pretty often and love it, I just have no interest in golfing anywhere right after they aerate.

2 Likes

I’m in town for work this week and just noticed Flatstick Pub in Kirkland - local brewery with indoor putt putt. Anyone nearby and want to go grab a beer tonight?

Unfortunately will be out of the area tomorrow so would have to be tonight.

Cousin fiancée is the manager/owner of this location - good spot to have a beer, enjoy!

4 Likes

Why am I not surprised Harry is related to the manager of an obscure golf bar in Seattle. Will be sure to say hello if I see them!

4 Likes

Come visit!

2 Likes

Cousins a girl named Rachel - tell them you know their cousin Harry, could get you punched or a free beer.

3 Likes

We were suppose to for their wedding this summer but we messed around and got pregnant - wedding and due date are a week apart now

4 Likes

That will happen. Congratulations though!

7 Likes

Thanks man very grateful and excited

Also bummed to not get another shot at west Seattle and chambers or gold mountain

3 Likes

Courses aren’t going anywhere!

5 Likes

Going to be in Tri Cities for work may 11 till 24th. What’s the recs for that area and anyone in here from that area?

2 Likes

How was NB?

2 Likes

It was pretty good! Pretty windy Saturday AM and we got hailed on for a bit so that may have hurt my view of it a bit but it was in great condition for this time of year.

Super confused by the layout though. There is just soooo much open space around the holes.

Will definitely go back in the summer when it warms up and firms up but will still play Loomis more as I prefer Loomis for pretty much the same price and its 15 minutes closer

2 Likes

give NB a shot on a beautiful day - the view of the mountains, old farmland, it can be pretty striking

1 Like

Paging @chico

I am located in Tri Cities WA. If schedules align I would be more than willing to host a round at my club.

Best golf in the cities are as follows:

Meadow Springs CC
Zintel Creek
Columbia Point

I can rec many food options if you need help with that.

I will leave you with this. If you have a day free, drive to Walla Walla and play Wine Valley. I’ll join you if our schedules work out. Best course in the state of Washington (And I know where Chambers Bay is)

2 Likes

Definitely get out to Wine Valley if you can. Reports of it being possibly best in WA are not exaggerated. It’s awesome.

I’m located over in Pullman/Moscow area and the Washington State course Palouse Ridge is worth a day trip imo if you get time. I’d join you if you came over.

3 Likes