Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

No Linksoul neck gaiter or NLU sunshield?

kanye-west-smh

1 Like

The linksoul got busted out later in the week in Gearhart! I was not prepared for a nice day. Showed up in pants with tights underneath and a sweater. Those short shorts are swim trunks that I just happened to have in the back of my car when I realized that the pants+tights on the front nine was going to cause heat stroke on the back

2 Likes

In for the May meetup. Do I need to pay the $10 to attend or is that just for the season long series you all are doing?

1 Like

$10 is just for the season long race. Showing up to a meetup is completely free (other than greens fees haha)

1 Like

While free, you do have to perform a song of the groups choosing via karaoke post-round though. Many times it’s Adele, so prep accordingly.

3 Likes

Hello friends,

I’m going to be moving from SLC to Kent for 15 weeks this summer for a grad school summer internship. Was wondering if anyone had any good gouge on spots south of the city for an everyday spot to launch 'em after work. I’ll have a car and plenty of freedom to explore on the weekends but would like to find a low-key local spot during the week. Any info would be very much appreciated!

5 Likes

Welcome and feel free to DM me. I’m down in Puyallup.

2 Likes

I’m also in the area, grew up in Kent and Live in Auburn Now. DM me with some questions if you have any.
But for closeness, Riverbend is a perfectly fine complex in “downtown” Kent, it has a good range for an after work time suck, I also hear the Brewery - Half Loin in the clubhouse is also pretty good

1 Like

Foster Golf Links in south Tukwilla is a fun little course, that may or may not be easy to get to depending on here you are during the work week. <4500 yards, very easy to play with a half set that you throw in the back of your car.

1 Like

Played out at chambers this past weekend. Can report conditions are firming up. Would recommend getting out this month before the rates continue to hike for summer. Also they just switched to 14 minute tee time intervals and the round couldn’t have been smoother. Pace of play was epic and might have been the fastest round I’ve played out there.

9 Likes

Honestly, I cannot connect to the PNW Crew discord server. Any advice?

1 Like

Discord is kinda dumb with the links cause they’ll time out/break sometimes.

Try this again:

If it still doesn’t work let me know

perfect! thanks

1 Like

Headed up to Seattle area this weekend. Was able to get a Tee Time at Sahalee CC through Thousand Greens on Friday. If any Refuge members want to meet up on Saturday I would be down.

Hi PNW crew. I mentioned a few months back that I would be headed that direction from NC for a business trip. The plan has changed due to the raising cost of everything. I will still be in the Tacoma area for a week starting on July 17th.
Any tricks to getting on Chambers for less than $300 for a non-resident? I would love to play it the morning of the 18th.

1 Like

@Springdog74 or @jasonnutter might be able to help you out

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that is going to be the most expensive time of the year, in addition to it being in season, they are jacking up the prices for members, as they go to 15 minute t-times in preparation for the US Women’s Amateur. My cost will be 170 plus tax, when it is normally no more than 120.00, and I’m unable to use my free rounds. I’ll try to make us a time, 8 to 9ish on the 18th

2 Likes

DM incoming. Amazing!

2 Likes

PNW Crew – traveling out to Seattle to play Chambers on way to Bandon in October. If arriving into SeaTac early enough for a warmup round day before Chambers, where is a good place (public) that isn’t too far?

Also – group is going to be made up of 10-18s. Best tees for Chambers?

1 Like

Are you staying in Tacoma?

If you are, my top 3 suggestions would be:

1. Gold Mountain (Olympic) - one of the best munis in the country; however, it’s a bit of a drive and I know you said “isn’t too far”
  2. Allenmore - it’s in Tacoma proper, so super close. It’s an Elks in really great condition year round; however, it has a limited yardage range of 150 yards. About as classic as an old PNW course gets.
  3. The Home Course - Really casual course. Might be good for a “warmup” round. Has a full range. It’s a locals hotspot, but won’t blow you away if that’s what you’re looking for still as someone traveling.
1 Like